how do I connect Acer Switch 5 to the stylus, please?

Options
kus
kus Member Posts: 2 New User
I have been using the Switch 5 with the given stylus for many years with no problem. I have now just do a factory reset on my device and would like to know how to connect the pen, please?

Answers

• kus
    kus Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Turn on the Bluetooth scan on my Switch 5 but the pen cannot be found. Tried using another laptop also cannot find the pen. I have no idea if the pen is working as there is no indicator light. 

This is the pen: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NP.STY1A.016

If anyone know for sure how to "turn on" the pen, will be greatly appreciated. I have tried holding the each of the buttons for 3s, 5s, 7s 10s, 11s and still nothing. I have tried holding both buttons, also nothing.

If it is my pen's fault, may I also have a recommendation on an alternative pen, please?

Thank you in advance. ^^
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi kus,

Pairing with a Bluetooth device

1. Press and hold the top button for 3 seconds to enable pairing mode. The Bluetooth-pairing light starts blinking to confirm the pairing mode is enabled.

2. In Windows Search, type Bluetooth.
    3. From the list that appears, tap or click Bluetooth Settings.
    4. Ensure that the Bluetooth is enabled.
    5. From the list of devices, tap or click stylus Pen→Pair.
    6. Confirm the pairing process on both pen and device. The Bluetooth-pairing light turns solid white for few seconds to confirm the pairing and then the light turns off. After the pen and a device are paired, they connect automatically when Bluetooth is enabled and they are within the Bluetooth range.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which Switch 5 do you have? It's likely something like SW5xx-xxN-xxxx. Your battery in the pen might have run out, some pens use a AAAA (yup, four As) battery.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.