Predator Sense and SpeedFan shows 0 RPM for GPU/CPU - Predator Helios 300 G3-572-75L9

Options
LucasTomita
LucasTomita Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
I got a Predator Helios 300 The fan control used to be normal with Predator Sense, I sent it to cleanup/maintence and now for some reason I cannot control at all the fans of GPU/CPU.

I already re-opened the notebook and re-conected all the cables. 
I tried many programs but none detect the fans.
The fans are working on auto.
I cannot change the fans on the bios because I don't have acess to the advanced bios.
Every spec is default from factory.
4 year old notebook, still, it was working normally before cleaning the fans.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi LucasTomita,

Uninstall and reinstall the predator app and try to use it. 
  • LucasTomita
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi LucasTomita,

Uninstall and reinstall the predator app and try to use it. 
    I already did, many times, do I need to use something different? I just click setup and install, do I gotta click something else?

• LucasTomita
    Options
    *Update*

I bough an SSD installed and format the notebook. But the fans are still not working!!

Please... if anyone know anything I searched everywhere and found no info, is it possible that my fans are broken? But they work! They spin, I'm soo lost, I just cant control them.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you disassemble the laptop and turn on the computer, do the fans work?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LucasTomita
    Options
    When you disassemble the laptop and turn on the computer, do the fans work?
    Hey! Another update, soo looks like I was wrong and the fans are not spinning at all... Im sending it tomorrow for a place that repairs notebooks since I'm out of warranty, but what are the odds that both fans broke?

I have a few suspicions

1 After the clean up, something in the bios bugged and its not detecting the fans

2 the motherboard/fans connector broke 

3 the fans broke

4 the mother board broke

5 not enough energy is getting to the fans

I though it was 1 cuz both fans "broke" soo I though it was just an acer bug, but after trying everything for several days I'm starting to think it's the fans.

2 is probable but I still think 2 and 3 are weird cuz both fans are not working...

3 is probable but I smell nothing burned, nor heard nothing breaking, and the fans manually spin flawless.

4 dear god, not again, I had a motherboard problem due to heat, thankfully it was replaced in the warranty, I use now a lot of things to keep temperatures always 80-85 max max. I don't think it's the motherboard cuz of that, also cuz the pc turns on.

5 no idea if thats possible, a friend of mine just told me that.

Hopefully the repair place will be able to find what happened, cuz everything works flawless except the fan! 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you ever tested fans with a multimeter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sergius97V
    Sergius97V Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi! I have the same problem. What happened with your repair? Was it fixed?

I'm considering to send mine too, but I don't know if I should send it to acer support or to a local repairshop.