Aspire 3 A315-21-454Y failed to install windows new version 20H2

Options
2»

Answers

• Viyan2005
    Viyan2005 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Is it a big risk to try install BIOS Update. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,591 Trailblazer
    Options
    Unlike driver software updates, BIOS firmware updates should be considered irreversible due to an even higher risk of bricking the machine if it causes other unrelated issues or undesireable side effects. Unless a BIOS update specifically addresses a major issue that you are having with your particular a315-21 production, an update  is not recommended.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Error 0xc1900101 may be caused by some driver. Try updating all drivers on amd's website and then try updating windows again using this tool: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TheRW
    TheRW Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Viyan2005 said:
    JackE said:
    Thanks for your report TheRW However, because these are  two machines with different histories, I still suggest that Viyan200   try the incremental 2004 update. If still no joy, then do an ALT+F10 cold boot factory refresh from the hidden recovery partition while saving personal files. Then make sure System Protection is turned on in ControlPanel's restore point app just in case some kind of update caused the issue in the first place.

same issue I can't install 2004 version
    My bad Viyan2005 - I didn't mean to disrupt your thread.  Just a very frustrating experience.  

JackE - if you can direct me to someone who can answer my question, that would be helpful.  

Thank you both
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry. Could  be from any number of startup services that Windows or its installation loads by default on it multiple re-booting routines. Some of them can be  blocked. Google the error message and check some of the non-Microsoft answers such as the windowsclub site. As you may well know, Microsoft forums are usually pretty useless for stuff like this.

Jack E/NJ

• Dufferat
    Dufferat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    TheRW said:
    The most frustrating of experiences....

Incremental updating didn't help me one bit (except create more headaches).  Resetting Windows Updater didn't work either, not to mention the automatic tool or the Windows Update Assistant tool.  Clean Install did not help.   A clean install with incremental updates - also failed.  

Media Creator failed too,  but at least I got some information from it...  The install fails on the second boot phase (whatever that is) and gave me this error: 

| 0x8007002C-0x4001E, The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during PRE_OOBE operation.

Can anyone explain what this means and why no one from Acer or Microsoft can address it (or at least tell us they don't know and are working on it)?  I find it hard to believe it hasn't been addressed since it is literally the SAME issue that occured with 2004 upgrades (back then it was the same error code, except it ended in 4001D).  

PS.  After 4 days of trying I got my machine to update from 1909 to 21H1.  All it took was for me to wipe EVERYTHING on my drive during the installation and run the update from USB several times.  In other words - gonna take a few days to get back to "normal".  

Thanks for letting me vent....
    What did you wipe out on your drive? Please elaborate as my A315-21-62UI will not update from 20H2 to 21H1. No indicators of any failure. Actually, Update has not indicated that I can update this laptop to 21H1 yet. My two older Acers, Aspire E1-532 and Aspire 5349 both updated to 21H1! Thanks in advance.
  • Dufferat
    Dufferat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I just managed to update my A315-21-62U1 to 21H1 although it does not qualify for Windows 11 update at least at this time even though it's only 3 years old!
  • Apotius
    Apotius Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I have just bought a used Acer A315-21-42DP. It had Linux. Needed to install Windows 10 to it. After days of experimenting USB boot from memory stick and SSD disk I found this talk. Maybe I had the same issue? Indeed!

Searched the net how to create an older version of USB install stick and found Rufus to create me an older version of windows 10 USB stick. That worked and I installed version 1903 of Windows 10 home to my Acer. It works ok. Let update install crucial updates and now I put the update into hold for the newer windows 10 version.

Now I'm puzzled what I should do. I can postpone the update like a month at a time. Should I keep postponing every now and then because there really does not seem to be a solution for the issue. 

Someone suggested graphics update. Anybody did that and had some help? Any other drivers that I might need?

Or should I update Windows to a little bit newer version? The talks say here that 1909 is ok. Is it Rufus with what I can try to update my pc to a little bit newer version or is there a normal Windows way of doing the update to a specific version?

Any advice is highly appreciated!
  • JackE
    Options

For better attention, please post your own new thread by clicking on the ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ

• Apotius
    Apotius Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Seems like base problem was BIOS. Read one comment elsewhere that BIOS update solved 3-year-old problem. Updated BIOS and installed all the latest Windows 10 updates. I wonder if I would have known that from the beginning would need to have figured out how to update the BIOS when Linux was installed. I think would have been possible. Now installed older Windows 10 and BIOS update was quite straight forward.
  • Jorha21
    Jorha21 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
     It has been more than 3 hours and my Windows 10 update (version 20H2) is still stuck at Last time it failed to install upon restart.
  • JackE
    Options

This thread is 3mos old. As mentioned earlier, best to start your own new thread by clicking on the ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ

• Jorha21
    Jorha21 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Regarding what recent changes happened on my laptop, Windows Update gave me a firmware update yesterday by Inside.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Jorha21 said:
    Regarding what recent changes happened on my laptop, Windows Update gave me a firmware update yesterday by Inside.
    I suggest you ask a new question.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)