Battery Not Charging and Acer Not Helping Predator PH715-51-732Q

Options
beeron
beeron Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
I am extremely frustrated. I purchased a Predator Triton 700 about 4 years ago for around $2600 and it worked fine for a little over a year. I then had issues with the battery and the charger. At first the computer would shut off after being on battery power for only 4 or 5 seconds but would charge back up to 100% when I plugged it back in. Then the computer wouldn't even charge past 1%. I purchased a new charger for $100 and that got it to charge to 4% but it won't go past that. I tried everything that people have suggested online besides buying new batteries for the computer. I decided I would bite the bullet and request to have the computer repaired. Since my computer is out of warranty Acer quoted me for $1469 to repair the computer (**)! I refuse to put another fifteen hundred dollars into a computer I spent almost 3 grand on. I can see online that this is a common problem with these Predator laptops so I don't understand how Acer can get away with charging so much money for something that is their fault. I am beyond frustrated that they are unwilling to help unless the computer is under warranty or I give them an insane amount of money. For the amount I spent on the laptop it should've come with a longer warranty. Please let me know what I can do. I feel like I've been screwed over by Acer and if they don't want to help me out then I am selling the laptop for whatever I can get out of it and never buying another ***** Acer product again.

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]