Install Win10.iso on Acer A515-44

lbutlr
lbutlr Member Posts: 4 New User
A friend of mine wanted me to install the fresh from Microsoft Windows 10 ISO on a new laptop since he wanted to be sure there was nothing on the laptop but “pure” Microsoft Windows. All attempts to do with have failed, with the windows installer saying “We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one". Even after the internal drive was completely reformatted with diskpart, the installer will create the partitions (MSR and System) and the rest of the drive is a 472GB Primary partition, but windows will not install, giving the same error. Right now the only way to boot the machine at all is off the Windows.iso on a USB thumb drive as there is no OS on the hard drive itself. I’ve been at this for over a day and I think the issue is something in the Acer itself as I have replicated this process on another machine with no issue, using the same thumb drive. I do have all the drivers from acer downloaded off acer.com (everything acer offered for my SNID).

Best Answer

• lbutlr
    lbutlr Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓
    recreated the USB installer, this time it worked on the Acer. Still confused, but not enough to track it down when it worked on another computer. :shrug:

Answers