Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Not Seeing WiFi Networks

MAB05
MAB05 Member Posts: 4 New User
I recently updated windows on my sons A111-31 Aspire 1 to Win 10 21H1. When installing Win 10 from a USB Boot Key I was able to see and connect to my home WiFi however once loaded into Windows and all the drivers from the Acer website installed the device can no longer see WiFi networks at all. I have tried:

Rolling back to an older driver - still no networks visible
Searching for the latest driver on Windows Update - Latest update installed.
Downloaded the latest driver from the Acer support site - Same driver as installed already from when I built the device.
Confirmed no hardware switch for the WiFi and confirmed not in Airplane mode.

I have a support ticket open with Acer Support however they took 18 days to reply then said to uninstall and reinstall the Intel WiFi driver despite there not bieing an Intel WiFi card on the device.

Anyone else have any suggestions please?

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    In device manager is it possible to grab the driver version you have already? I have a vauge memeory about someone having a similar issue and a later driver fixing it 🤔 I think we grabbed it from the lenovo support site at ( https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds119729-qualcomm-atheros-qca9377-wireless-lan-driver-for-windows-10-64-bit-thinkpad-13-2nd-gen )  or the offical Atheros site at ( https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-for-Atheros-chipset-with-id-104-and-Windows10-64bit.html
  • MAB05
    Hi

Thank you for your response.

I have tried the drivers from both of the links above and unfortunately neither resolve the issue.

The current driver version is 12.0.0.1016 dated 21/12/2020.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,149 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    MAB05 said:
    Hi

I have tried the drivers from both of the links above and unfortunately neither resolve the issue.

My suggestion is for you to go to Qualcomm and get the latest driver dated May 28, 2021 for the QCA9377.LEA.3.0 QCA OEM and try that as this is very unusual that you can't get a driver for the QCA9377 WiFi/BT that works within Win-10. 

• Leostat
    Does the Bluetooth work on the laptop, and inside device manager what's it look like on the WiFi card?
  • MAB05
    edited June 2021
    StevenGen said:
    MAB05 said:
    Hi

My suggestion is for you to go to Qualcomm and get the latest driver dated May 28, 2021 for the QCA9377.LEA.3.0 QCA OEM and try that as this is very unusual that you can't get a driver for the QCA9377 WiFi/BT that works within Win-10. 

I had found and downloaded this driver previously and when I try to install the driver from Device Manager it tells me "The best driver for your device is already installed" and makes no difference. I extracted the .tar file contents then tried opening the properties of the Qualcomm wifi and using the Update Driver option from the Driver tab and searching through all the Qualcomm folders created by the extraction however there are no .inf files included and no executable to trigger an install of the driver.

I am surprised I cannot seem to locate a driver for this device that will actually let me see wifi networks. I expect the driver itself is fine however something is missing from the install as the Advance Properties of the wifi card from Networking does not contain the entries I would expect from looking at other devices (see below)

XXXXXXXX

[Título editado para añadir el nombre del producto]
  • MAB05
    Leostat said:
    Does the Bluetooth work on the laptop, and inside device manager what's it look like on the WiFi card?
    Thanks for the response. The Bluetooth does work on the device, can pair with my mobile phone easily enough.

Current driver installed is version 12.0.0.1016 dated 21/12/2020

I can see the mobile hotspot broadcast by my mobile if I turn on the hotspot and I can connect to it successfully.

As I said on the comment above I think there are some setting and config missing from the driver as the Advanced properties on my other laptop has alot more options than on the Acer.
  • Leostat
    That sounds like a frequency thing then as the bluetooth is on chip and it can see your phone. What may have happened is its lost its region settings somehow 🤔. Could you try in an admin cmd prompt

netsh wlan show profiles

Does your wifi network show in there? This is a history of the wireless networks

You could as a test see if it shows when you change the band on the wirless router (i know you shouldnt have to its just as a check!)