Predator PH315-52 won't boot unless I disconnect/reconnect the battery.

Options
bbpb
bbpb Member Posts: 4 New User
It happens once in every few weeks when it would not power on and I have to take the bottom cover off to dis/reconnect the battery cable to get it to boot. Holding the power button for 15 seconds does nothing. The AC power is connected with blue light indicator. Bios is latest. I've re-seated the ram and nvme. I'm out of ideas. Is it a bad battery? It seems to be operating normally (battery life/charging) when it does boot. Before I contact support, I'm hoping someone can help me out. Thanks.

Answers

• bbpb
    Options
    Piter said:
    Have you tried only pulling the CMOS battery and then putting it back in and seeing if it will turn on then?

You can also run a troubleshoot just to make sure it is not the battery. Remove the battery, plug in the adapter then turn on the PC, wait till it turns on then power it off again. Remove the adapter, plug in the battery (remove the adapter first).. and try turning it on. If it does not start, then you have an issue with our battery.

If it turns on after plugging in the battery without the mains connected, then you may have an issue with our power circuity. You will have to go through the process of doing a power drain as stated above and check whether the issue persists. If it does, you may have to see a tech to do a diagnostic.

Thanks Piter, I'll try pulling out the CMOS battery and putting it back in the next time it won't power on. I can't replicate it when that will happen, it seems random when it won't turn on. My guess is the battery is not the problem, just disconnecting and reconnecting the battery cable happens to be the temporary solution. It is just annoying that I have to take off the bottom cover and do it every time it happens.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi bbpb,

Is the battery charging fine.
  • bbpb
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi bbpb,

Is the battery charging fine.

Yep, battery charges fine and battery life seems normal, meaning not great, last about couple of hours.
  • bbpb
    Options
    Hey Piter, I'm not seeing that CMOS battery, do you know where it is?

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi bbpb,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​