How to downgrade or reflash BIOS in acer nitro 5 AN515-44

Options
LSK
LSK Member Posts: 51 Troubleshooter
edited June 2021 in Nitro Gaming
After i update bios now its hang in acer logo when i trying to enter bios..Now I am thinking downgrading or reflashing BiOs via USB...please help me with the procedure?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi LSK,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • LSK
    Options
    @eswar i am trying to flash bios from usb because i think my bios has corrupted.It stucks in acer logo when i press F2 it dont enter to Bios page..i cant boot in to windows too..thats why i am trying to flash bios again..
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    LSK said:
    After i update bios now its hang in acer logo when i trying to enter bios..Now I am thinking downgrading or reflashing BiOs via USB...please help me with the procedure?
    First of all "LSK" what is the exact Nitro 5 model of your laptop e.g. AN515-xx or what? As with the Nitro 5's there are a few steps to recover the BIOS like I've included here which is from Acer, these guides are for the Nitro 5 AN515-55 BIOS Flash Utilities and what to do, see also the attached.PDF file below that I've attached that explains officially and exactly what to do by Acer for all Flash Utilities how to Restore a BIOS when it becomes corrupted. Good luck and hope this helps you out but

WARNING: Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution and if you don't know what you are doing don't attempt to do these recoveries as it will brick your laptop, have an experienced technician do this for you, I take NO responsibility of how you do this!!! 

BIOS Secure Flash Utilities
    BIOS Flash memory updates are required for the following conditions:
    • New versions of system program
    • New features or options
    • Restore a BIOS when it becomes corrupted
    Use the Flash utility to update the system BIOS Flash ROM.
    Perform the following to run a BIOS Flash update:
    1. Prepare a bootable USB HDD/FDD.
    2. Download and copy the Flash utilities to the bootable USB HDD/FDD.
    BIOS Flash may be performed by one of the following:
    • Shell Secure Flash Utility (see Shell Secure Flash Utility SOP (For Service BIOS) on page 2-21 (see attached file below)
    • Windows Secure Flash Utility (see Windows Secure Flash Utility SOP on page 2-25 or Windows Secure Flash Utility SOP (For Service BIOS) on page 2-30 (see attached file below)
    NOTE:
    • If a Crisis Recovery Disc is not available, create one before BIOS Flash utility is used. See Creating a USB Flash Crisis Disk on page 2-53 (see attached file below)
    • Do not install memory related drivers (XMS, EMS, DPMI) when BIOS Flash is used.
    • Use an AC adaptor power supply when running BIOS Flash utility. If the battery pack does not contain power to finish loading BIOS Flash, do not boot the system.
    • Flash utility has auto execution function.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I don't think the bios has been corrupted. Try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds, and leave the laptop off for thirty minutes.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LSK
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @StevenGen these are my laptop information 

Model-  AN515-44-R95Q
    SNID:  ********

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Erick
  • LSK
    Options
    @egydiocoelho i already did that ..but it doesn't  fix my issue..how ever when i press F12 i can enter boot menu? Only bios hang when i press F2
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Try disconnecting the lition battery, rtc battery, ssd.and hdd. Then connect the ssd, hdd, rtc battery, and lithion battery, in that order, and make sure the computer boots.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LSK
    Options
    @egydiocoelho okay sir i will try that
  • LSK
    Options
    @stevenGen how can i find .fd file of my model
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If the bios was corrupted, the Acer logo would not appear. Now, if the issue still occurs even after disconnecting the hard drive or ssd, it may be necessary to clear the ME region of the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LSK
    Options
    @egydiocoelho how can i clear ME region?
  • LSK
    Options
    By downgrading bios i fixed my bios problem...now i can enter bios but i still have 'inaccessible boot device ' error..and when i check boot priority order in bios it has only 1.windows boot manager 

My HDD or SDD not showing here
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    But are ssd and hdd showing up in the information tab of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• VeitA
    VeitA Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

folks, how did that one continue? I’ve got exactly the issue that both SSD and HDD are visible in the Bios but can not be set as bootable or chosen as target via a win 11 usb bootstick…