Request for an lower cover replacement for an PH317-53

Options
Magaa
Magaa Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi everyone,

I've had my 17" PH317-53 for around 2 years now. I took extreme care of the laptop for the first 2 years, maintaining the laptop by cleaning weekly and taking off the lower cover monthly to clean the fans. Around 2 months ago I used a little too much force opening the lower cover.

I caused a crack along the underside of the laptop and I carefully put the cover back onto the laptop. I'm wanting to upgrade the RAM and SSD's in the laptop now and I'm afraid if I take off the cover again it'll crack in such a way where I wont be able to get it back on again.
Im after drawing a redline where the crack is.

Im just wondering if someone with the right connections could help me purchase an replacement lower cover. I'm based in Ireland and am happy to spend whatever it takes to get an replacement.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,780 Pathfinder
    Options
    The temporary solution is fill that crack with some glue. You can call or go to an local Acer store to check the price. Most of the parts that I have found are located in the US.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,973 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Magaa said:
    Hi everyone,

I've had my 17" PH317-53 for around 2 years now. I took extreme care of the laptop for the first 2 years, maintaining the laptop by cleaning weekly and taking off the lower cover monthly to clean the fans. Around 2 months ago I used a little too much force opening the lower cover.

I caused a crack along the underside of the laptop and I carefully put the cover back onto the laptop. I'm wanting to upgrade the RAM and SSD's in the laptop now and I'm afraid if I take off the cover again it'll crack in such a way where I wont be able to get it back on again.

Im just wondering if someone with the right connections could help me purchase an replacement lower cover. I'm based in Ireland and am happy to spend whatever it takes to get an replacement.

Your PH317-53's OEM bottom cover has the following Acer part number and description:
    • Category - CASE/COVER/BRACKET ASSEMBLY
    • Acer P/N - 60.Q5PN4.003
    • Description -  D Cover, BOTTOM CASE ASSEMBLY
    You can search the web to replace your cover but, allot of the none OEM copy covers are not exactly the same size and quality so I suggest that you try and get only OEM covers if you want the same quality. Have a look here and at “Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-53 PH317-54 Lower Bottom Case 60.Q5PN4.003” (see below) which is an OEM cover so that you can replace your bottom cover. 

• Magaa
    Magaa Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Magaa said:
    Hi everyone,

Your PH317-53's OEM bottom cover has the following Acer part number and description:
    • Category - CASE/COVER/BRACKET ASSEMBLY
    • Acer P/N - 60.Q5PN4.003
    • Description -  D Cover, BOTTOM CASE ASSEMBLY
    You can search the web to replace your cover but, allot of the none OEM copy covers are not exactly the same size and quality so I suggest that you try and get only OEM covers if you want the same quality. Have a look here and at “Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-53 PH317-54 Lower Bottom Case 60.Q5PN4.003” (see below) which is an OEM cover so that you can replace your bottom cover. 

Thanks for this reply, Im based in Ireland but I'm after buying this and sending to an MyUS hub to get it shipped to Ireland.
    Anytime I searched the internet I only found sketchy websites with awful reviews.

You have done me a huge favor here thank you so much.