Need to upgrade RAM of Acer Nitro - Nitro AN515-55

sribasu
sribasu Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I want to upgrade the default 8GB RAM of my Acer Nitro AN515-55 i7 Laptop, purchased in Oct 2020. The laptop is within warranty. I was wondering if Acer provide doorstep support and send engineers to home to help upgrade RAM or not, if the laptop is within warranty. If yes, what is the cost of the support (except the price of part). 

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,062 Pathfinder
    Mostly you will have to take your laptop to an Acer store and let them do it for you. Contact them first for the labor charge.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    sribasu said:
    I want to upgrade the default 8GB RAM of my Acer Nitro AN515-55 i7 Laptop, purchased in Oct 2020. The laptop is within warranty. I was wondering if Acer provide doorstep support and send engineers to home to help upgrade RAM or not, if the laptop is within warranty. If yes, what is the cost of the support (except the price of part). 

//Edited the content to add model name.

To upgrade the RAM you have to open the back case cover to get access to the RAM modules, if your laptop is under warranty then you can do this on your own but be careful and use the proper opening tools so that you don't damage any pins and plastic clips of your laptop, see captions below. Your Nitro AN515-55 i7 takes a max total of 32GB of 1.2V 260 pin DDR4 SODIMM;s at DDR4 2400/2666 for the and up to the I5-10300H CPU or DDR4 2666/2933 for the and up to the  I7-10750H CPU into its 2x slots of capacities of 4GB/8GB/16GB but the modules have to be the same in each modules, you can't mix them e.g. 1x 4GB and 1x 8GBthey have to be the same, its a simple upgrade. 

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi sribasu,

Acer will not send any technician to customers locations. You only have to take it to the service center or acer store. There the technician will let you know the price for this.