My touchpad is not working. Driver not showing in device manager - Aspire 471p

amcareem
amcareem Member Posts: 32

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Im using an Acer Aspire 471p series. Eventhough I tried installing synaptics and also elon the touch pad is not working. Though the apps get installed it is not showing in the device manager. I tried uninstalling the drivers, resetting the windows but nothing helped. If someone can help me it would be great so I can complete my assignments.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager again. Click HID HumanInterfaceDevices folder. Post a screenshot of result if possible

Jack E/NJ

• amcareem

Tinkerer

Yes Here you goJackE said:
    Open Device Manager again. Click HID HumanInterfaceDevices folder. Post a screenshot of result if possible

Even resetting windows didnt help
  • JackE
    F2 into the BIOS menu on startup. Do any touchpad options show up in the Main tab? Press Ctrl+S to reveal any hidden options. If not, press F9 to load BIOS defaults. Press F10 to save settings and exit. Then test touchpad again. If still nothing press FN+F7. Test again. If still notthing, open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. If System Protection is turned on, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date stamp about when the touchpad disappeared?

Jack E/NJ

• amcareem

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    F2 into the BIOS menu on startup. Do any touchpad options show up in the Main tab? Press Ctrl+S to reveal any hidden options. If not, press F9 to load BIOS defaults. Press F10 to save settings and exit. Then test touchpad again. If still nothing press FN+F7. Test again. If still notthing, open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. If System Protection is turned on, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date stamp about when the touchpad disappeared?
    There arent any menu on touchpad on BIOS. Ctrl+S didnt do anything either. I  already reset it to default. fn+f7 didnt wotk. i dont see when the touchpad disappeared. All happened after i install a new ssd and all. it worked for a while but after i update the windows its not working.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi amcareem,

Try to download and install driver from the below link,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/4249?b=1 
  • JackE
    >>> it worked for a while but after i update the windows its not working. >>>

If the update was within about the last month, the automatic restore point should still be in ControlPanel's restore point app. Did you check it yet? Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. If System Protection is turned on, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see one or more automatic Win10 update restore points?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Hi amcareem,

Is there any update.
  • amcareem

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi amcareem,

Is there any update.
    Im on the latest win 10 update
  • JackE
    If the update was within about the last month, the automatic restore point should still be in ControlPanel's restore point app. Did you check it yet? Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. If System Protection is turned on, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see one or more automatic Win10 update restore points?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Hi amcareem,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • amcareem

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi amcareem,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
    Unfortunately no as you can see it still does not show

• JackE

Jack E/NJ

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,157 Pathfinder
    Hi amcareem,

If the touchpad start to work for a little bit of time..    Tried to enable and disable the touchpad.    

Try the following the steps
    1.   Hold the fn key on the bottom row of keyboard and press f6 or f7 on the top row of keyboard only once..    You can see the touchpad symbol either on f6 or f7 key.    It will be like a hand symbol with fingers on it.. 
    2.   Try pressing the f6 or f7 without holding the fn key.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,157 Pathfinder
    Hi amcareem,

Since it is because of the update you are facing this issue..   You can always refresh your computer..   

Go to start.. settings.. update and security .. recovery - reset this pc.    It will show you keep my files.   click on it..   There will be an application loss...
    Click on the user name..  type the password and proceed..    It will refresh your computer.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Easwar
    Hi amcareem,

Yes, as Acer-William says do reset.

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.

• amcareem

Tinkerer

Hi amcareem,

Since it is because of the update you are facing this issue..   You can always refresh your computer..   

Go to start.. settings.. update and security .. recovery - reset this pc.    It will show you keep my files.   click on it..   There will be an application loss...
    Click on the user name..  type the password and proceed..    It will refresh your computer.. 
    i did it and also choose the cloud install windows so it will install a fresh copy but nothing helped
  • JackE
    >>>>i did it and also choose the cloud install windows so it will install a fresh copy but nothing helped>>>>

Aye!!!!!  Did you check ControlPanel's restore point app that was mentioned June 1st before you did this??? It may  be too late now but open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. If System Protection is turned on, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see one or more automatic Win10 update restore points?

If the restore point has now been deleted, you can try an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset from the hidden ACER recovery partition. Shut your laptop off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping a F10 key. A recovery screen should appear if the Windows cloud installation hasn't corrupted use of the hidden recovery partition. This will allow you to install the original factory fresh ACER version of Win10. It's arguably the best way to rule out a hardware issue with the touchpad.

Jack E/NJ