Acer UM.WX0EE.001 LED Monitor HDMI setup

Options
pablopaul
pablopaul Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, my monitor came with a VGA lead. It has a HDMI port and I bought a HDMI lead but when I try to connect with it I get "cable not conected" error message. How do I fix this?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    I believe your UM.WX0EE.001 is a KA220HQ and it should have a VGA, a DVI and a HDMI port on it. What port on your computer are you trying to use? Have you tried setting the monitor to look at that same HDMI port?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pablopaul
    pablopaul Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    I believe your UM.WX0EE.001 is a KA220HQ and it should have a VGA, a DVI and a HDMI port on it. What port on your computer are you trying to use? Have you tried setting the monitor to look at that same HDMI port?

billsey said:

Thanks for responding billsey. My monitor has a HDMI port, but my PC only has VGA. I bought a cable with HDMI at one end and VGA at the other. So I'm going from the HDMI port on my monitor to the VGA port on my PC. There are manual control buttons on the monitor which I tried to use to set it to HDMI as you suggest, but they only work when I'm connected VGA to VGA. When I try to connect HDMI to VGA the manual settings controls are dead, apart from ON/OFF. All I can see is a window with the "cable not connected" message.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    If the monitor has both ports types on it, it is better to just used a VGA to VGA cable. There are lots of adapters that go between display types, but many only go one way, so a HDMI to VGA might be a different cable than a VGA to HDMI. (That usually not a problem with VGA/HDMI, but who knows what your cable really is.) A correctly designed VGA (computer side) to HDMI (monitor side) cable will also have an audio jack to connect to the computer, since VGA doesn't have audio but HDMI does.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.