Aspire V5-573G integrated webcam not working

JW_14
JW_14 Member Posts: 1 New User
As the title states, the webcam on my Acer Aspire V5-573G is not working. It is not an issue with the camera app, the camera is missing system wide. It is missing in device manager, and I can't even add it through legacy hardware. I have tried installing the drivers from the internet, but they did not work and it is still missing in device manager. I have attempted to use the windows troubleshooter. Would anyone happen to know any fixes?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    JW_14 said:
    As the title states, the webcam on my Acer Aspire V5-573G is not working. It is not an issue with the camera app, the camera is missing system wide. It is missing in device manager, and I can't even add it through legacy hardware. I have tried installing the drivers from the internet, but they did not work and it is still missing in device manager. I have attempted to use the windows troubleshooter. Would anyone happen to know any fixes?
    JW_14 it could be that your camera is busted and not working. Note; that the LCD screen and all component's that are situated in the top case of the V5-573G are connected and bunched together through one cable that has to go and be connected to the motherboard, hence, the integrated cable is susceptible to allot of movement and wear when you open and close the laptop and your camera cable could be damaged?

Inspect the camera and its cable if its not damaged, as cameras very rarely go wrong and most of the time its not the software that is at fault but the hardware. I'm including the Acer V5-573G service manual OEM parts for your information so and if your camera and cable is the problem, get a new one. that is and if you want to reinstate the OEM camera? If not, then just buy a none OEM camera and pug it into the USB plug and use that. Good luck and hope this helps and its your problem.

CAMERA

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    JW_14 said:
    JW_14 it could be that your camera is busted and not working. Note; that the LCD screen and all component's that are situated in the top case of the V5-573G are connected and bunched together through one cable that has to go and be connected to the motherboard, hence, the integrated cable is susceptible to allot of movement and wear when you open and close the laptop and your camera cable could be damaged?

Inspect the camera and its cable if its not damaged, as cameras very rarely go wrong and most of the time its not the software that is at fault but the hardware. I'm including the Acer V5-573G service manual OEM parts for your information so and if your camera and cable is the problem, get a new one. that is and if you want to reinstate the OEM camera? If not, then just buy a none OEM camera and pug it into the USB plug and use that. Good luck and hope this helps and its your problem.

CAMERA