Can't update Acer monitor driver [XF270H B

Nizmo
Nizmo Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi,
I have an Acer monitor model [XF270H B]
When I go to download the driver from the Acer website, the only driver available for it is XF270H A 
only shows A not B. I extract the zipped folder, right click on the .icm file and click 'Install Profile' and nothing happens.  Please help

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer
    There are no special drivers, the info is provided to the computer using Plug and Play.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nizmo

Tinkerer

There is a driver, it's here on their website:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6432?b=1
    Genereic PnP doesn't offer Freesync or MPRT
    I tried to install the 'A' driver manually but with no luck, my model number has a 'B' and I can't find the driver for B
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,630 Trailblazer
    Nizmo said:
    Hi,
    I have an Acer monitor model [XF270H B]
    When I go to download the driver from the Acer website, the only driver available for it is XF270H A 
    only shows A not B. I extract the zipped folder, right click on the .icm file and click 'Install Profile' and nothing happens.  Please help

Your Acer XF270HB <<<< driver is on the Acer support page for your monitor, its the Version: 1.0 dated 2020/05/27. Go to the link I've provided and install that as that driver is the only driver from Acer and its the appropriate one, don't use other drivers as it will corrupt your system. 
  • Nizmo

Tinkerer

That's the one! thank you! not sure why I couldn't find it