I cleaned my fans, but laptop won't boot - Helios 300 G3-571-77KB-US

Options
BMhazees
BMhazees Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
To elaborate, I unscrewed the bottom part of the laptop as well as the fans (didn't disconnect them) and used canned air to get the dust out; I checked, and the thermal paste looked OK. I didn't do a booting test at the moment, unfortunately. Afterwards, I screwed everything back into place and decided to test it.

The keyboard lights and power lights on the side turned on, albeit with no display or the usual fan noises when turning on a PC. After letting it run for a while, it started to heat up and the fans became louder, until they stopped spinning, only to repeat the cycle again.

I think it doesn't boot because some water may have had dropped from the canned air's can, and into the computer, but no idea where or when. In any case, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

​//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answer

Answers

• BMhazees

Tinkerer

Options
    Just in case, my main drive is an SSD Samsung Evo 860, keeping the original HDD as a secondary drive. 
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,801 Pathfinder
    Options
    What is the situation with the laptop now? Like it doesn't show anything on display or just nothing happen when you press the power button?.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • BMhazees

Tinkerer

Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    What is the situation with the laptop now? Like it doesn't show anything on display or just nothing happen when you press the power button?.
    Oh hello, sorry for the month delay. The next day it did boot up, however the new problem is that the GPU fan was not spinning at all. I did bring it to an authorized Acer Repair Center (which is why I forgot about this forum post), but the big issue now is that my laptop needs a complete replacement of the whole cooling module.

The center has mentioned that said part is rather rare nowadays and that the Acer factory they're in contact with don't have the part at all. With ALL of that in mind, the situation is currently uncertain and it would be a shame to not be able to use that laptop again.

If you're reading this, would you suggest to start a new topic on this matter or what could I do?

Cooling Module Specs
    Description: THERMAL MODULE DIS W/P. FAN FOR 1060
    Predator Model: G3-571-77KB-US
    Serial No. of part: 60.Q28N2.003
  • CHECK
    CHECK Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    BMhazees said:
    To elaborate, I unscrewed the bottom part of the laptop as well as the fans (didn't disconnect them) and used canned air to get the dust out; I checked, and the thermal paste looked OK. I didn't do a booting test at the moment, unfortunately. Afterwards, I screwed everything back into place and decided to test it.

The keyboard lights and power lights on the side turned on, albeit with no display or the usual fan noises when turning on a PC. After letting it run for a while, it started to heat up and the fans became louder, until they stopped spinning, only to repeat the cycle again.

I think it doesn't boot because some water may have had dropped from the canned air's can, and into the computer, but no idea where or when. In any case, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    You can try to apply a lubricating oil to the fan. This can reduce friction and wear on the fan. If this operation still does not work. Or your fan is really too old. Life is exhausted. The computer needs to be replaced with a new fan.
  • CHECK
    CHECK Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you need a new fan, I found it for you.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002651432343.html
  • BMhazees

Tinkerer

Options
    CHECK said:
    If you need a new fan, I found it for you.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002651432343.html
    Thanks a lot! Purchased.