keyboard backlight off manually with Fn key, it turns on everytime after shut down -Aspire 7 A715-75

ayushh14
ayushh14 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I'm having Acer Aspire 7 A715-75G, I recently clean installed windows with bootable drive due to some window bug. After that, after turning keyboard backlight off manually with Fn key it turns on everytime I shut down the laptop and turn on it and not only in BIOS time after that also. But, it doesn't turn on when I restart it. 

//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answers

• ayushh14

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Bro this problem comes right after a bios update named as insyde update for 20h2....after that this problem is coming simple solution...till than this bug is fixed is to enable timeout of backlit...in bios
    Yes you are right, I just downgraded the BIOS to v1.03 and the problem is solved. Thank You
  • ayushh14

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Yeah Sure,
    Just to be sure, make a bootable drive of the windows installed on your laptop because in my case, after downgrading and restarting, the windows automatically updated BIOS which actually didn't installed correctly and my Windows was deleted.
    Also only Windows was deleted, none of my files. But the v1.03 is worth it.
    1. Download both BIOS version from the Acer, we are gonna need both because v1.03 is broken.
    2. Now extract and run v1.03 and it will show "File not Found". Don't close dialog box yet.
    3. Now open Appdata/Local/Temp.
    4. Here you will find a folder starting with "7******.tmp".
    5. Copy that and paste on desktop.
    6. Now close the v1.03 dialog box.
    7. Now extract and run v1.10 and it will show some message too .
    8. Again go to Temp folder and copy it's folder too to desktop.
    Be Careful don't mess up after this steps
    9. Now copy and replace all file with extension ".fd" from Folder of v1.03 to v1.10. (As the files in v1.03 are broken)
    10. Now delete the BIOS v1.03 file as it is none of our use.
    Don't run setup yet it won't.
    11. You will find a "platform.ini" in the directory.
    12. Open it and search for "flag=2".
    13. Replace it with "flag=0".
    14. Now open "H2****.exe" and click on "OK".
    15. Restart and it will do all installations and wiping.

BINGO!!
    If there's any problem in this pm me.
    Deepak_shukla said:
    How you downgraded can you tell me the whole process

Answers

• Does the same problem occur when installing nitro sense?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ayushh14,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

• ayushh14

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi ayushh14,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

No, it didn't helped. Thanks anyways.
  • ayushh14

Tinkerer

Does the same problem occur when installing nitro sense?

I'm having Aspire model. How would it run NitroSense??

• Try disabling this feature:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ayushh14,

# Try to update the keyboard driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option keyboard driver.
    4. Under the title keyboard driver.
    ​​Fix Keyboard Not Typing Numbers in Windows 10
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title keyboard  driver.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Deepak_shukla
    Deepak_shukla Member Posts: 3 New User
    Bro this problem comes right after a bios update named as insyde update for 20h2....after that this problem is coming simple solution...till than this bug is fixed is to enable timeout of backlit...in bios
  • ayushh14

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Yes you are right, I just downgraded the BIOS to v1.03 and the problem is solved. Thank You
  • Deepak_shukla
  • ayushh14

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Yeah Sure,
    Just to be sure, make a bootable drive of the windows installed on your laptop because in my case, after downgrading and restarting, the windows automatically updated BIOS which actually didn't installed correctly and my Windows was deleted.
    1. Download both BIOS version from the Acer, we are gonna need both because v1.03 is broken.
    2. Now extract and run v1.03 and it will show "File not Found". Don't close dialog box yet.
    9. Now copy and replace all file with extension ".fd" from Folder of v1.03 to v1.10. (As the files in v1.03 are broken)

BINGO!!
    Deepak_shukla said:

• Deepak_shukla
    ayushh14 said:
    Yeah Sure,

BINGO!!
    Deepak_shukla said:

Thank you so much brother...for bios updating automatically i have deleted firmware in device manager ...after that i have downgraded successfully...😊
  • ayushh14

Tinkerer

Please give a detailed explanation with each step. My system automatically updated to the new BIOS update v2.03.

Thank you so much brother...for bios updating automatically i have deleted firmware in device manager ...after that i have downgraded successfully...😊