Connecting EI491CR via USB-C to DisplayPort Cable

Options
Schiff
Schiff Member Posts: 2 New User
My laptop has a USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C/Intel Thunderbolt 3 (Power Delivery, DisplayPort) port on it which can be used to connect to a monitor via a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.

Will the EI491CR support such a connection? If so, is there a specific type of cable that needs to be used to support the 144Hz Refresh Rate? Most of the cables I've found online say that they support 4k @ 60Hz or 2k @ 144Hz.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't think you will get 144hz , bit it should display as it's half way between 4k and 1080, so probs get 70ish Hz from it

Answers

• Leostat
    Options
    I think it's a limitation of the port rather than cable, I think thunderbolt 3 is only display port 1.2 but not 100% sure as Intel don't make it easy to find!
  • Schiff
    Schiff Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Leostat said:
    I think it's a limitation of the port rather than cable, I think thunderbolt 3 is only display port 1.2 but not 100% sure as Intel don't make it easy to find!
    Yes, it is DisplayPort 1.2. Will that work for either a basic connection and/or 144Hz?
  • Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't think you will get 144hz , bit it should display as it's half way between 4k and 1080, so probs get 70ish Hz from it