Nitro XV252QF Not able to choose RBG in Nvidia while using 360 hz

Options
Jottish
Jottish Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2021 in Monitors
Hello there

So lets make this a quick one, i bought the new Acer 25" Nitro XV252QF 360 (390 hz OC) , yes you heard right 390 hz.

Now to the problem, im not able to choose ”RBG” and only YCbCr when i use anything above 240 hz, this makes my monitor blurry and some things like small red text look really bad so i wonder if this is because of the monitor itself that cant handle RBG over 240 hz or could this be that im using a really old gpu (gtx 980)

Im using the displayport cable i got with the monitor.

The reason why i bought a monitor with this kind of refresh rate with my old gpu is that im gonna upgrade it when the gpu market is looking better so i would like to know if buying a new gpu would fix this problem or if the problem is the monitor itself.

Thanks in advance!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    I think its the graphics card , the card is at DP 1.2 i think, which offically supports 1080p 240hz RGB which matches up with what you are experiencing,  1.4 supports 1440p at 240hz which should have enough slack bandwidth to hit 1080p 360hz RGB 
  • Jottish
    Jottish Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Leostat said:
    I think its the graphics card , the card is at DP 1.2 i think, which offically supports 1080p 240hz RGB which matches up with what you are experiencing,  1.4 supports 1440p at 240hz which should have enough slack bandwidth to hit 1080p 360hz RGB 
    Thanks for the reply, hopefully that is the case since i bought the monitor because it was 360 hz, sure i can still run it but the picture quality is not that good.
  • effex12
    effex12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Jottish said:
    Hello there

So lets make this a quick one, i bought the new Acer 25" Nitro XV252QF 360 (390 hz OC) , yes you heard right 390 hz.

Now to the problem, im not able to choose ”RBG” and only YCbCr when i use anything above 240 hz, this makes my monitor blurry and some things like small red text look really bad so i wonder if this is because of the monitor itself that cant handle RBG over 240 hz or could this be that im using a really old gpu (gtx 980)

Im using the displayport cable i got with the monitor.

The reason why i bought a monitor with this kind of refresh rate with my old gpu is that im gonna upgrade it when the gpu market is looking better so i would like to know if buying a new gpu would fix this problem or if the problem is the monitor itself.

Thanks in advance!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Where were you able to find one of these in stock?