XB323U screen issue

Shayzee
Shayzee Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited May 2021 in Predator Monitors
Hi,
 Just bought this ACER XB323U monitor locally.  I have recently noticed with youtube videos and news pages there is this weird discoloration on part of the screen which is really defined.  I had to take a picture of it with my phone because the desktop screen grab does not capture it.  Wondering if there are any ideas what is causing this and if there is any fix, or am I looking at having this sent out for replacement?  I don't notice it on dark screen or when gaming but you can tell from these pics during video.  It's as if the color goes away in the square range.    I have changed display port cable but
did not change anything. 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,733 Pathfinder
    @Shayzee
    Just turn off the monitor and unplug all the wire connected to the monitor including the power cable and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and connect the wire back and check.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • pinkfloyd1173
    pinkfloyd1173 Member Posts: 24 Networker
    I had this issue with my XB32UGP too, also had lines going across the screen too. I bought mine at micro center here in California. I actually returned 2 of them, hopefully this one I got now has no issues, but its only been 2 days. 

I would try to return from the store you bought from or RMA it. 
  • Shayzee

Tinkerer

The unplug and hold power to reset didn't work, I wish it were that easy.  I also bought mine locally at MicroCenter here but  didn't grab the extra waranty just to walk in to the store and return it and grab a new one.  I guess I will have to RMA it.....
  • pinkfloyd1173
    If I might ask, which microcenter and how long ago?

Always buy the extra waranty when you can IMO. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Shayzee,

If you have a return time for this unit plz check with that and it's better to replace the monitor. 
  • Shayzee

Tinkerer

I bought it 3/5/21 just about two months ago.
  • Shayzee

Tinkerer

Easwar not sure what you mean.  I probably will have to replace but will just have to go via RMA since the store is usually 30 days unless you buy heir coverage for another $200-300 on top of the monitor price. I think it might be too late for me to buy that extra coverage, I think you have only 30 days but I will try to see if I can I guess, just don't want to pay more just to bring to store to swap out.
  • pinkfloyd1173
    Ah I see, damm thats sucks. Well start the process of RMA it man. 
  • Shayzee

Tinkerer

yup good thing I have spare 27" predator I was using as dual screen, so at least I can still use my pc during the RMA process...:(
  • NothingToDoHere
    NothingToDoHere Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    You can check my post about XB323U. Not 100% similar, but hell, these monitors are not very reliable.
  • Shayzee

Tinkerer

I can't find your post.  Weird thing is, definitely on the display port, I had video coming in through hdmi via my tablet don't get that same discoloration.  Also noticed if I make the video fill screen that section goes away.. so weird.  I don't notice in game as I haven't seen it and usually they are FPS ones moving too fast to notice.  I don't notice on desktop or anywhere else.. messed up.  

• Shayzee

Tinkerer

window or expanded view 

Full screen goes away in browser.. 
  • Shayzee

Tinkerer

honestly I can only notice in a browser, I don't see that region in game, replaying mp4 video or on desktop or anywhere else that I can notice.... so weird, never experienced something like this that isn't consistent across all aspects.
  • NothingToDoHere
    NothingToDoHere Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    This one is my issue, but I've seen more in various reviews across the web:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/639371/acer-xb323ugp-vertical-lines-flickering
  • Shayzee

Tinkerer

ok new update, and still more confusing but on a better note.  I took the pc out yesterday blasted out all dust from everywhere, nice and clean.  Now today I can't replicate the issue with same videos, I don't get the region of discoloration anymore.  I don't know if dust cleanout of the pc and components is what resolved it but originally  I had tried two different display port cables plugged into my 2080TI and had swapped cables before this post in case it was a port on the GPU or anything but that didn't resolve it.  Now after the air cleaning of all the dust, not sure which cables went back into which display port and if they were the same but I don't have the issue now.  Thoroughly confused.... but happy?
  • Shayzee

Tinkerer

I'm going to chalk this up to dust, heat and O/C issue with vid card.  Only solution that is logical at this point in time with what I did.  No driver update or anything.  Maybe the dust and use of EVGA Precision X1 and its O/C utility was bringing out the bad pixelation issue.  If it was monitor issue I should see it no matter what across all screen's, desktops, whatever is on screen.   I'll try to give update at some point.  Thanks for everyone who chimed in to offer assistance and ideas.  Cancelled my RMA for now.  And of course I'll be back if it comes back.  G/L all.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Enough dust build up on the GPU fan can cause overheating, which might give a symptom like that...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Shayzee

Tinkerer

thanks I regularly clean out dust from the pc including GPU.  It has returned I'm afraid and will be requesting service as now it shows up more.