k242hyl Monitor has thin black border on top and both sides

Options
crashedash32
crashedash32 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi,

I have a rough 0.5cm around the top, left and right sides of the Monitor.

I have tried on 2 different PCs.

the current config is;

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1 64bit
i7-6700K
24GB RAM
Intel HD 530 GPU 

So far I have tried;

1. Updating Windows
  2. Installing Monitor Drivers from Acer website
  3. Installing latest Intel DCH GPU drivers
  4. a totally different PC 
Windows Settings are;

1. Res: 1920  x 1080
  2. Refresh: 60Hz
  3. Scaling: 100%
Since the problem follows the monitor, i am wondering if this small border is actually just part of the monitor and i have not noticed it until now.. 

but this is a zero bezel monitor so i would find it really odd that the active area of the display was not to the edge of the glass..

i have done a super close up image and it does look like the pixels/backlight end.. is anyone able to confirm this for me?

thanks in advance.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Its normal for the screen to have a small bezel between the screen and the normal bezel :) , some have more than others for example, heres two of my screens, appologies for the size! :

Mine are around 6pixels ish, but it can vary montior to monitor :), the textured bit is the bezzel, the darker bit is the indentation, the black line is the bezzel inside the bezzel like yours. On my laptop, the "top" black bar is around 8 pixels

On a side note, find it fasincating you can see the sub pixel display! Thats at 10x zoom off a s10, i wonder what you could capture with the 100x from the s20 :D
  • crashedash32
    crashedash32 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    i figured this may be the case, thanks for confirming and the fast response. 

yes, it is very impressive what a phone can do these days.. the picture was taken on a Samsung A71 using the macro setting.. Samsung really do make the best cameras for phones. ;)

• moonlightzz
    moonlightzz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Try using 75Hz as refresh rate instead of 60Hz. I noticed my monitor EK240YCBI had huge borders around the screen. Borders of 1 finger not including the bezel. Once I changed to 75Hz. When I installed the first time the monitor, It didn't show black borders. Why the heck a monitor switches to a borders when there's no option from menu to change? Changing the refresh rate is the answer.