Nitro5 An517-52T3 had major graphic errors, crashed the application,and then when I tried to update

DiNeroYTTVDiNeroYTTV Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited May 24 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
So as I said In the title. My Nitro 5 was playing smooth as ever with its 16 gigs of ram. And over 600gigs between 500gb ssd and 1tb hdd. Anyways, I was playing shinobi striker on steam and I had some WICKED graphical errors and artifacts. Assuming someone was hacking me, I put my laptop into shutdown, but because apps were holding it up, I stopped it preemptively. And went to download an update for windows. I checked my game to make sure it wasnt just because I was playing for a long time. When I went back into the game, it was normal for a few seconds, before people were showing up without faces and then I was flung across the very small map very quickly before the application closed in an error. At this point, I just decided to update the laptop. I waited all night and it still said "preparing" or something. So I turned off the laptop and turned it back on. Ever since then its been stuck in a boot loop either being blank, or saying "preparing auto recovery" or something like that. I can't access alt f10 or do a safe boot. I can only access my BIOS. Is there any way to get my laptop back to how it was? Or how would i go about reinstalling windows? Would it wipe my drives for me if i booted windows with a USB? Or would i have to manually format the corrupted files?? Anyways, thanks..

FAQ & Answers

• DiNeroYTTVDiNeroYTTV Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Anyone??? Just looking for some help...
  • Coldram3nColdram3n Member Posts: 5 New User
    You can try loading windows 10 onto a usb, and booting from the USB using the BIOS into safe mode.

Tinkerer

edited May 23
    Coldram3n said:
    You can try loading windows 10 onto a usb, and booting from the USB using the BIOS into safe mode.
    I just did this today and the boot won't work on the flash drive. I'm using Rufus with a Fat32  USB 16GB. My settings were:

Drive properties
    Boot selection : (insert ISO)
    Partition scheme : GPT 
    Target system: UEFI
    Image option:Standard windows install

Format Options
    File System: Fat32
    Cluster size: Default

Still getting black screen after flashing the iso.

Tinkerer

Coldram3n said:
    I don't think I can get to safe mode yet. It seems frozen at the Acer loading screen
  • StevenGenStevenGen ACE Posts: 1,989 Pathfinder
    So as I said In the title. My Nitro 5 was playing smooth as ever with its 16 gigs of ram. And over 600gigs between 500gb ssd and 1tb hdd. Anyways, I was playing shinobi striker on steam and I had some WICKED graphical errors and artifacts. Assuming someone was hacking me, I put my laptop into shutdown, but because apps were holding it up, I stopped it preemptively. And went to download an update for windows. I checked my game to make sure it wasnt just because I was playing for a long time. When I went back into the game, it was normal for a few seconds, before people were showing up without faces and then I was flung across the very small map very quickly before the application closed in an error. At this point, I just decided to update the laptop. I waited all night and it still said "preparing" or something. So I turned off the laptop and turned it back on. Ever since then its been stuck in a boot loop either being blank, or saying "preparing auto recovery" or something like that. I can't access alt f10 or do a safe boot. I can only access my BIOS. Is there any way to get my laptop back to how it was? Or how would i go about reinstalling windows? Would it wipe my drives for me if i booted windows with a USB? Or would i have to manually format the corrupted files?? Anyways, thanks..
    Firstly, these are all the functions of the "F KEYS" in Win-10 and what they do, see here "The Function Keys (F1 ~ F12) do" and then go to "Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop" which gives you guides of how to fix that. Its not a one button fix as its too long to explain here. Good luck. 

Tinkerer

All I have is f12  and f2  from a continous trial and error of buttona

Tinkerer

If anyone knows anything that may help please post. I'm still not at a solution.

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    Firstly, these are all the functions of the "F KEYS" in Win-10 and what they do, see here "The Function Keys (F1 ~ F12) do" and then go to "Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop" which gives you guides of how to fix that. Its not a one button fix as its too long to explain here. Good luck. 
    I can't do that. I can't move do anything besides bios. When I startup any other way than bios it shows the first text in a endless loop. And if I boot normally its blank the first time, then says automatic repair the second time.

I only can access f2  and f12 and both have been very little help
  • Ro46Ro46 Member Posts: 76

Tinkerer

Try to power reset by disconnecting all the peripherals and pressing the power button down for  30 seconds