RETURNING WIN 10 AND INSTALLING WIN 7 - acer aspire 7

Options
DakshSingh
DakshSingh Member Posts: 47 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
i recently bought an acer aspire 7.....with pre installed win 10.....is there a way to return the win 10 to acer and get a refund....actually the thing is that win 10 has a lot of bloatware....please reply soon 😊😊

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi DakshSingh,

No, Acer will not accept the win 10 OS. You can install other OS what you want.
  • DakshSingh
    Options
    Why is that so?  I contacted Microsoft advisor and he said that you should talk to your manufacturers' agents in order to return the Windows 10 and the can do it very easily. 
  • DakshSingh
    Options
    i am unable to install win 7 on acer aspire 7, have tried many iso and even the official one, did not help
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Unless the UEFI supports legacy boot it won't be possible to install windows 7, its boot mechanism hasnt been supported in years! 

What are you trying to achieve with windows 7?if it's to run a app which won't run (for some reason) a vm would be a better option , if you are just worried about windows 10 it isn't too bad or you could try something like Fedora
  • DakshSingh
    Options
    i just want windows 7 as it uses much less hardware as compared to windows 10 , and is far more better than windows 10
  • Leostat
    Options
    I'm afraid it won't be possible then :( for lower resource use something like Linux mint may meat your needs though! Or some of the other Ubuntu spins
  • Teksal
    Teksal Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Recent PC hardware are designed and produced per recent Windows versions. You'll have a lot of trouble attempting to install Windows 7 on such hardware. Under such circumstances you can't reliably measure if Windows 7 uses less resources or not, because it does not even work at all. You'll also be subject to many security threats by using an unsupported Windows version (Microsoft does not fix Windows 7 exploits, even if it's reported and known).
  • DakshSingh
    Options
    ok then thanks 
  • DakshSingh
    Options
    Hey one more thing, since i have bought a laptop and have my old laptop, can i use the internal keyboard of the old laptop, in my new laptop,  by USB or any other way if possible?
  • Leostat
    Options
    Not really, you could use the old laptop to remote into the new one, or use something like flow to use one keyabord on both machines , but that's network rather than usb