Lost Fn+F key combo that changed processor modes after 21H1 Update Aspire A515-56

Intel_iRis81
Intel_iRis81 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I'm referring to the Fn plus F key combo that cycles you through three 'performance' modes, which will change the processor loading. It would pop up at the top middle of the screen showing a circular tachometer with a needle showing around 75%, maxed and the lower setting like a sleep symbol tachometer. This was different than the bar you can adjust clicking the battery icon on the task bar. Both were independent of each other. I know this was working pre win update as I used it daily basically. Turbo boost does work like it should currently as I've ran some tests where the CPU was working constantly at 3.8Ghz+ 

Laptop is Acer Aspire A515-56 fully updated drivers that I could find pre 21H1 install.

I haven't done anything because I didn't want to roll back the update but something was changed. I imagine Acer has some type of hotkey drivers? Internet search has found zero information other than a Swift 3 review showing the Fn plus f combo adjusting processor settings. Its like Acer didn't want anyone to know about this key combo. 

Thanks in advance

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• have you tried to restore windows to the previous version?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    edited May 2021
    >>>I haven't done anything because I didn't want to roll back the update but something was changed.I haven't done anything because I didn't want to roll back the update but something was changed.>>>

I agree with @egydiocoelho to see if it still works the way it did under the previous update. I think you can still temporarily block 21H1 with the windows update show/hide tool until a future update addresses the issue.

Jack E/NJ