XB32UGP this monitor been able to get the 120hz PS5?

Options
pinkfloyd1173
pinkfloyd1173 Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited March 2023 in Predator Monitors
Has anyone with this monitor been able to get the 120hz to work for them with a PS5??
Thanks in advance. 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi pinkfloyd1173,

How mush FPS are you getting  now ?
  • pinkfloyd1173
    Options
    I only get 60hz on cod cod war. 
    I have been trying to get the 120hz that you can do for cod cold war. 
    For some reason it won't work with this monitor. 
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    What Res mode is it working in, 1080 or 4k? I think it's only got hdmi 2.0 which would need it to be In 1080 mod
  • pinkfloyd1173
    Options
    I have tried to set the ps5 to both res that it uses, 4k and 1080p. PS released a fw update too add on more monitor support, from what I understand. 
    I found a Acer list that has all the models that will support 120hz, and the XB32 is not on it??

The XB27 is but not the 32 version??? Kinda of dumb if you ask me, same specs, just a bigger screen. 
  • Leostat
    edited May 2021
    Options
    The post with the screenshot in? I was wondering if that's just an age thing as I don't think it's been updated since it was first posted. It should play if you force it to 1080 and performance mode I would have though hmm 🤔
  • pinkfloyd1173
    Options
    I hear you man I tried everything? And no go on it. Maybe I just got a bad unit?? It would be my second one. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I asked this question to the moderator acer-ingrid: https://community.acer.com/pt/discussion/comment/1014499#Comment_1014499
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Leostat
    Options
    I wonder if it's something to do with the edids which are embedded , if you run a edid viwer when the monitor is connected to a windows pc, it may point us in the right direction 

The edid is some meta info which states what the monitor can do, it could be that there isn't a line enabling 120fps at 1080. 

If this is the case, it may be possible to trick the ps5 into outputting the video mode by using a emulator dongle 
  • pinkfloyd1173
    Options
    Cool thanks man, much appreciated.
  • pinkfloyd1173
    Options
    That edits, you are talking about was what the ps fw was suppose to fix. 

May try that. 
  • pinkfloyd1173
    Options
    Leostat said:
    I wonder if it's something to do with the edids which are embedded , if you run a edid viwer when the monitor is connected to a windows pc, it may point us in the right direction 

The edid is some meta info which states what the monitor can do, it could be that there isn't a line enabling 120fps at 1080. 

If this is the case, it may be possible to trick the ps5 into outputting the video mode by using a emulator dongle 

Here are the edid's. 
  • pinkfloyd1173
    edited May 2021
    Options
    This pic is from the manual. I guess a $800 dollar monitor can not do 120hz over HDMI. Thats what I am getting from the manual?????
    This is ridiculous IMHO!!! 

I tried an ASUS monitor yesterday, ASUS VG27AQ, $400 dollar monitor. That had no issues running cod cold war at 120hz on the ps5. I would have kept it but have a 32 inch model and going back to a 27 inch, looked like I had a 19 inch monitor on my desk, lol. 

• pinkfloyd1173
    Options
    Here is the Acer list i was talking about, looks like it was last updated, March 2021
  • Leostat
    Options
    Looks like that's the problem then :( thank you for checking, you could try manually setting the frame rate above 75 in windows, if it works it's not that it's not supported , just that it's not reported. 

If it works you can get little edid emulator dongles in Amazon for a few quid which force the ps5 into 120fps mode
  • pinkfloyd1173
    Options
    Just got off the phone with the, special Predator customer support number they give you. I asked the CSA, he had no clue what I was talking about???
  • Leostat
    Options
    please report back if it works :D can then bookmark the tread and use it as a refernce :) , and that doesnt supprise me to be honest! I think its because the EDID's come from a standard list, where there use to not be high framerates. PC's ignore the EDID and having a broke / non standard EDID can make things liek blue ray players just give up and not display so i guess thats why acer did it :( 
  • pinkfloyd1173
    Options
    For sure I will report back. Do you think Acer might release a fw update for these monitors?
  • Leostat
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Not a clue in the slightest im afraid, im just a random person heh, not associated with acer :) ! The ACE's on here know a little more so will hope that one of them will pitch in if they know anything :)
  • pinkfloyd1173
    Options
    Cool, I will report back if that adapter works, should be here in a bit.