My Acer Predator connected to my Oculus Quest once, now it won't

Options
Akuvar
Akuvar Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Predator laptop, Acer 17.3" Laptop Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6GHz 16GB Ram 1TB HDD Windows 10 with an NVIDIA RTX2070. I have an Oculus Quest VR headset. I downloaded Oculus Link on the laptop and got it to connect by going into the Quest Settings and selecting "Oculus Link" it then asked if I wanted to share data and I clicked "deny" as the chat rooms said. It then thought about it and brought up the oculus controls and I ran Star Trek Br5idge c=Crew and it worked. A few days later I repeated this process and it won't link. When I follow the same procedure, the Quest thinks about it and then throws me back into the Quest home screen. Meanwhile, on the laptop screen, a "Hardware notification" pops up saying that there is a problem with my hardware. I've been into the Oculus Link software and run a cable test, which comes back good. The oculus Link software shows my Quest with a green icon saying it is detected. My USB ports are set to disable the power saving option. I have done a factory reset on the Quest. I have uninstalled Oculus Link and reinstalled it. I have tried a different cable, and I have tried a friends cable and their Quest headset and I get the same error. So I am thinking it is a laptop issue, not a cable or headset issue. What gets me is that it worked that one time, and now I get that error all the time.