Acer Nitro 5 ANS-515-42 Suddenly dead ! No charging light nothing

AceG
AceG Member Posts: 4 New User
I was working on my computer and when i noticed my battery was down to 10 percent. I decided to plug it in to an outlet when all of a sudden it went black.

I tried turning it back on however it is not working. I tried unplugging and plugging the cord but to no avail. The charging buttons arent also working. It does not lit up to indicate if its charging or not.

As per suggestions on the forum, i opened up my acer nitro 5 2019 version to unplug the battery and pressed the power button and put back the battery but still not working 

Just wondering if there are other suggestions out there. 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hello @AceG

I understand that you have removed the battery and then pressed & hold the power button. As a work around, I recommend to please have the battery connected to MB as usual. Then press & hold power button for 30 seconds. After that connect the charger and check whether laptop gives any light indication or not. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• AceG
    Hi!
    Did as you told ..but to no avail!😔
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi AceG,

Try to charge the unit with different charger. 
  • AceG
    What could be the problem here?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    You have to change the mofset (the big chip)- https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/1075032/CYStechElectronics/MTB04N03H8/1
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Aman_Panchal
    Aman_Panchal Member Posts: 1 New User
    AceG said:
    I was working on my computer and when i noticed my battery was down to 10 percent. I decided to plug it in to an outlet when all of a sudden it went black.

I tried turning it back on however it is not working. I tried unplugging and plugging the cord but to no avail. The charging buttons arent also working. It does not lit up to indicate if its charging or not.

As per suggestions on the forum, i opened up my acer nitro 5 2019 version to unplug the battery and pressed the power button and put back the battery but still not working 

Just wondering if there are other suggestions out there. 
    Hi ! 
    I had the same issue as yours. Tomorrow when i started my laptop (Nitro AN515-43) it was 58% charged, So i plugged the charging cable the in 5 min my laptop screen automatically turned black so i thought it would be screen-saver, But when i pressed the power key and other keys it didn't turned on and the charging indicator was gone, i tried changing with other power supply board but it didn't work either (Power indicator and charging indicator both are not showing). I ALREADY TRIED HOLDING POWER BUTTON FOR 15 Sec. METHOD . Is it Software issue or a Hardware issue ? Can anyone tell me what should I do ( My laptop is 1 year 3 months old and don't have warranty anymore ). @AceG did you give it for repair, how much time & money it will take to repair the Laptop.

Thankyou in Advance,