Acer Aspire 5735Z OK on Battery,restarts on power Adapter

Andy4046
Andy4046 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Computer was working fine until I went to turn it on recently.It works fine on battery,but restarts or turns off when an adaptor in connected.I have tried another adaptor which  makes no difference. When looking on the internet this model laptop,and many other  Acer,and Toshiba laptops  share a common problem. They are fitted  with the notorious NEC/TOKIN 0E907 'Proadlizer' value of  900ufd 2.5 volt. This is a different name for a capacitor. It is used on the CPU core voltage circuit. My first thought was to replace this one item with 4- 330ufd 6.3 volt panasonic capacitors( working solution suggested by many repairers). I measured the AC millivolts on a true RMS meter expecting to read a high unstable value.My meter showed about 9 milliohm when the laptop is battery powered .I expected a higher reading when I connected the adaptor,and got the same results. This leads me to think this 'Proadlizer' is fine,and  there is a totally different fault somewhere in the power supply circuit on the motherboard. There are no burn marks on the 0E907. Any help would be gratefully received.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    The other thread you posted to was  marked solved by an identical replacement charger.

Jack E/NJ

• Andy4046

Tinkerer

Further down the posts it says ' This did not solve the problem'-thanks
  • JackE
    I think shivaprasad  was implying that he couldn't find the charger in the links that were posted, not that the problem wasn't solved. You might send him a PM and ask to confirm one way or another. Jack E?NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Andy4046,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.

5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Andy4046

Tinkerer

Hi I did as you suggested,after  few minutes it came up with 'Microsoft has the best driver already installed' What is T/S?-thanks
  • JackE
    I think shivaprasad  was implying that he couldn't find the charger in the links that were posted, not that the problem wasn't solved. You might send him a PM and ask to confirm one way or another. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Andy4046

Tinkerer

Hi I have sent a PM to shivaprasad as you suggested