Hi I have a predator PO3-600 I want to upgrade my cpu but struggling to find my motherboard stats.

Texel88
Texel88 Member Posts: 2 New User
I’m pretty sure i have a B36H4-AD motherboard but can’t find out what chip set I have or type of connector for new cpu. 
Also can I upgrade to any gen cpu or is there a limit, I like the look of the i7-11700k but can’t find out if it’s compatible soz I’m complete noob 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Which CPU are you running now? The PO3-600 models came with either 8th or 9th gen CPUs and the chipsets only support the same versions. If you are already at the i7 then there's not a lot of room to go with the CPU, so we should look at the rest of your system to help decide how to upgrade. Either way you can't use a 10th gen or 11th gen CPU.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Texel88
    Texel88 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi I have a i5 8400 8th gen at the mo, I just upgraded the graphics card from a gta 1050ti to a rtx 2060 and upgraded from 8gb of ram to 16 but I ended up putting the other 8gb back in as well so it’s at 24gb. 
    I bought a 1440 moniter and on fs19 getting a lot of stuttering thought upgrading the cpu might help thank you for your help .
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    What are you using for a drive? If it's a big HDD you likely want to look at putting a fast SSD in and boot from that. The i7-8700 would be a drop in replacement CPU that would help some, since it would double the threads available, but it's not going to be as big of an increase as some of the other things you have done so far.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.