Will Aspire TC-895 Front Headphone Jack Connect To New Internal Sound Card (Internally)?

sgtrko
sgtrko Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I am installing a SB sound card in my Aspire TC-895 and want to connect it to the computers front headphone jack and deactivate the onboard sound.  The sound card has a header to do this but is it possible?
Thanks.

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @sgtrko

I believe it depends on your sound card. If it has the connector for front panel speaker, then it should do it. 
    That is, instead of plugging the front panel speaker connector to the motherboard, unplug it and connect to the sound card.

Check your sound card's manual, see if it has output for front panel speaker port.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Nope, not going to be easy... The front audio jacks on your Aspire TC-895 are on the motherboard, soldered to that 'diving board' that sticks out to the front of the case. I'd stay well away from trying to remove them and anything cabled through to the front will be a real kludge. Best is likely to be running a M-F cable from the back around to the front.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.