How can I fix my aspire 3 model A315-33-P8HD, they keyboard has some keys that are not functioning?

Phardzy
Phardzy Member Posts: 3 New User
It has been 3 months now. And also I bought an external keyboard but it stopped functioning. The keyboard works on other laptops but not on mine but it used to work. Please assist I am a student am so worried right now since I have work that needs typing.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    >>>And also I bought an external keyboard but it stopped functioning. >>>

Does the laptop keyboard function OK? If not, then the  keyboard connector needs to be re-seated on the mainboard to clean the contacts. If the laptop is still under warranty you must arrange for  warranty repair service as the bottom cover must be removed.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Phardzy,

Try to power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. 

• Phardzy
    JackE said:

Does the laptop keyboard function OK? If not, then the  keyboard connector needs to be re-seated on the mainboard to clean the contacts. If the laptop is still under warranty you must arrange for  warranty repair service as the bottom cover must be removed.
    Thank you for the reply but the laptop is no longer under warranty. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer

Does the laptop keyboard function OK except for a few keys? What keys don't work? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Phardzy
    Easwar said:
    Hi Phardzy,

Try to power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. 

Thank you for your response but that didn't help.