I am planning to buy acer P2 Series Core i5 11th Gen .Is it compatable with Linux?

anshad666
anshad666 Member Posts: 2 New User
My main concern is to run Linux (Fedora) with a couple of VM for my learning purpose. please advise it a good move? Because I have read so many users reporting issues with Linux. This is the first time am purchasing an Acer Laptop so I don't know anything about it.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Should be fine, may need to disable vmd when you install which is the main problem people have , it but laptops have moved toward more standard everything winces UEFI so random things like brightness or GPUs are generally not an issue any more 

Issues like ransom panics are impossible to know in advance, but most of the time either one of some troubleshooting, a newer Kernel, or an older kernel will fix em
  • anshad666
    anshad666 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for the reply. I will definitely go with acer
  • StefanBruens2
    StefanBruens2 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Anything where Acer does not have to invest anything works. Fortunately a lot of stuff is standardized these days, and drivers for most hardware is available (Wifi is the occasional outlier - Intel (and Killer, which is just rebranded) typically works, other vendors may vary).

Stuff where Acer would have to invest do not work, or only works partially:
    - Bios update (Windows only)
    - Limited power management
    - Keyboard backlight only controllable via hotkey, not from OS
    - Hotkeys only working partially

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    @anshad666

Acer P2 Series Core i5 11th Gen is compatible with linux

For example look at the specification given below  .. 

Acer Travelmate P2 TMP214-53 Laptop : Intel Core i5-11th Gen|8GB|512GB|14"FHD|Linux  

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.    Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★