Acer Aspire 5 A515-51-5862 does see the ssd but not the hd

jboer
jboer Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

The Aces Aspire 5 A515-51 suddenly dit not see the bootable device anymore. The not working sdd is now removed and a new Kingston ssd has been installed. Also Windows 10 has been installednow  and working fine. However, now the laptop does not see the 1GB HD anymore. Also in the BIOS the HD is not shownand recognized. Even with the Easus Partition Manager and the partition manager in Windows 10 there is no hd visible. How can I solve this problem so that the laptop is working again with both the ssd and the hd ?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,180 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Does the hard drive appear on the bios information tab? 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jboer

Tinkerer

The hard drive does not appear on the bios information tab. Before I installed the new SSD (because the original caused the problem of no bootable device) I had installed Windows 10 on the HD, that was recognized perfectly then. So the HD did work and was show on the bios before I installed the new SSD. While I installed Windows 10 on the ssd the HD was nog shown as a device I could install Windows 10 on
  • Can you send a photo of the bios information tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    edited May 2021

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi jboer,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • jboer

Tinkerer

Hello egydiocoelho. I already did the F2 key and the F9 key to restore to defaults several times, but without a positiv effect. The BIIOS still does not see my WD Hard Disk. The SSD is working perfect with Windows 10 installed. The video in your reply I did not understand, so I have not do a thing with the firmware mentioned in the video. Meanwhile I have tried to replaceAHCi in the BIOS for Optane, but tat dit not solve the problem.So I hope you have a solution.
  • jboer

Tinkerer

I did not mention it in my questions already, but I can tell that it takes a long time before I see Acer on the screen and also a long time after that before I get a Windows login screen. I get the idea that in the BIOS the HD has been seen, but that it is nog possible to do something with it.
  • Can you send a photo of the bios information tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jboer

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho: did you receive my photo of the BIOS I have sent last week?
  • I did not receive.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jboer

Tinkerer

edited June 2021
    I do not know what goes wrong, I have placed  the Photo several times. I hope that it will begood this time. 

//Edited the content to hide sensitive information.​
  • On hdd1, PS3111 is showing up. Watch these videos:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jboer

Tinkerer

unfortunately, that's not the solution. The problem is not the Kingston SSD. The problem is that the Bios and Windows do not see the internal Western Digital hard drive of 1 Gb. Of I remove the SSD then the Bios sjees the hard drive, but not both at the same time.
  • OK! Even so, ssd kingston is in trouble. Go to advanced, sata configuration and enable sata ports.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jboer

Tinkerer

The the Sata Ports 0 and 1 are allready enabled. Windows 10 does not give a sign of problems. Also the logs do not present troubles. I have also used Gparted, but no sign of the 1 Gb hdd. Maybe I have to trie a re-tease ontheven hdd, but therefore I have to remove the back-cover. However in the user manual there is no information of the position of the hdd.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jboer

Tinkerer

Thanks. I Will give it a trie, I even will remove the hdd and with the use of a sata-usb adapter Connect the hdd to a personal computer. Maybe I can see and even reformat the hdd. I will keep you posted.
  • Does the problem still occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jboer

Tinkerer

I have removed the hdd and the SSD. Then I placed the hdd in a usb-sata case and after that I have got the possibillity to format the hdd on a personal computer. After that I placed a new SSD and replaced the hdd. Everything is working allright now. Thank you for your help👍