HELP! Screen Flickering right after power blackout! PH315-52.

Options
AhaKim
AhaKim Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops
Good day!

I would like to seek help regarding the screen of my laptop, Predator PH315-52. It suddenly was flickering when our area had a power outage. 

I was just playing a game that time, Civilization VI, and when it had a power outage, the laptop suddenly flickering.
I tried the steps found on Windows Support for fixing the issues, like checking Task Manager, Uninstalling then Reinstalling Drivers etc. Then I was convinced that this could be a hardware issue, or electronics of some sort.
The flicker is like the screen is trying to move upwards buy only in an interval of 1.5 to 2 secs. 

Regarding the unit, I don't have any software/hardware changes before the issue. It has been 2 days already.

I will attach a video of the flickering for your reference. I hope someone responds and tell me what to do, so I can fix the screen as soon as possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyBvGFjapZk

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    this problem also occurs when you access the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AhaKim
    Options
    this problem also occurs when you access the bios?
    I'm not a techy guy so I dunno what you mean by BIOS. As of now, I'm resetting my laptop, fullclean. Even while resetting, the screen is still flickering in the same manner.

Full reset isn't done yet, it is still on 55%.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Before the predator logo, press the f2 key quickly. Is the display also flashing on the bios? If the display flashes on the bios, it is probably a hardware problem.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi AhaKim,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/service-contact 

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customercare.acer-apac.com/CustomerSelfService/CaseBooking.aspx?CID=PH&LID=ENG&op=2

• AhaKim
    Options
    I already went to tech suipport and good thing it is still under warranty. They will replace LCD screen with a new one, and free cleaning too. 
    Thanks for the help guys!