Acer R13 Chromebook touchscreen no longer working :(

SATLSATL Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi :) my Acer R13 Chromebook touchscreen unfortunately no longer works after last years Chrome OS update, any help will be very much appreciated :)

BTW i'm running the latest Chrome OS update 
Version 90.0.4430.215 (Official Build) (32-bit) on the stable channel.

Best Answer

• Jack22Jack22 ACE Posts: 2,873 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    @SATL
    The step we did to fix few of the hardware issue but still if you have the issue than we need to check by sending to the unit to Acer repair center and you telling like its the second time its happening . so need to check on it. In order to contact Acer check the below link
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

FAQ & Answers

@SATL
    Try to do the hard reset and check
    1. Turn off your Chromebook and remove the adapter
    2. Press and hold Refresh  + tap Power  for 30 seconds.
    3. After doing the above step just check 
  • SATLSATL Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for replying Jack, I tried that last year when I first had the problem and it WORKED! for a very short time but the problem wasn't cured because the exact same thing happened again a few days later.

When it first happened last year, I can remember it immediately happened after the Chrome OS update.

I thought because a year had gone past, somebody might have found a different solution to my problem, my chromebooks perfect for my needs, just the touchscreen no longer works and I used to use it all the time.
    Accepted Answer
    @SATL
    The step we did to fix few of the hardware issue but still if you have the issue than we need to check by sending to the unit to Acer repair center and you telling like its the second time its happening . so need to check on it. In order to contact Acer check the below link
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • SATLSATL Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks again Jack, i'll contact Acer and see what they can do, hopefully they'll fix it for free =)