Xr341ck stuck on "cable not connected"

Options
ModestOC
ModestOC Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi,

I could really appreciate the help!.

My monitor has decided to get stuck on "cable not connected" message.

It's in a square that's moving around the screen like a screen saver. However it's generally unresponsive to any of the button presses other than the  power button.

So I can't change sources or anything else.

Also I've tried connecting different devices from my workstation, work laptop and mobile phone via DP and also HDMI, and no joy.

I'm super stuck and have followed advice of the 30 second reset method which doesn't do anything (or I'm doing it wrong!).

Any advice, as it's my only monitor and really need it.

Thank you!.

Regards

ModestOC.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    Options
    ModestOC said:
    Hi,

I could really appreciate the help!.

My monitor has decided to get stuck on "cable not connected" message.

It's in a square that's moving around the screen like a screen saver. However it's generally unresponsive to any of the button presses other than the  power button.

So I can't change sources or anything else.

Also I've tried connecting different devices from my workstation, work laptop and mobile phone via DP and also HDMI, and no joy.

I'm super stuck and have followed advice of the 30 second reset method which doesn't do anything (or I'm doing it wrong!).

Any advice, as it's my only monitor and really need it.

Thank you!.

Regards

ModestOC.
    This sounds like a connection problem and/or a faulty monitor. First try the USB 3.0 cable also and see how that works? Also read your manual and systematically diagnose the faults e.g. try different cords as these cords could be faulty, diagnose the plugs at the monitor end if their plug prongs are not bent or damaged due to wear etc., there is a section in the troubleshooting manual guide (see caption below) for your monitor so go through these steps systematically, otherwise send your monitor to Acer and get them to fix your problem as your monitor could be faulty as you have reset the monitor and there could be an internal component fault that Ace can only fix and its not a software issue and/or something that you can fix.