My Aspire A515-45 (AMD 5500U) Battery is not charging even if below 80%, battery charge limit "ON"

Options
ToTo77
ToTo77 Member Posts: 5 New User
First of all, please understand if I am not good at English composition because I am Korean.

After setting battery charge limit option to "ON" in Acer Care Center, my Aspire A515-45 (AMD 5500U) Battery is not charging even if below 80%.

In the order below
1. I set battery charge limit option to 'On' in Acer Care Center.
2. After I connect the AC adapter, Battery is charged to 80%.
3. I disconnect the AC adapter and drain battery to 50%.
4. And then I connect the AC adapter, but battery is not charging.
5. After I set 'Off' battery charge limit option in Acer Care Center, Finally battery is charging.

I repeated this case.
In most case, battery is not charging even though battery charge limit option is "ON" and battery is below 80%.
Sometimes the battery charges, but I don't know why battery is charged.

I contacted to official Acer support in Korea.
According to the first guide,
I update BIOS and reinstall Acer Care Center.
But Problem is not still solved.

I re-contact to Acer Support. 
They tell me that it will be solved by update later - Maybe BIOS or Driver or Care Center App..

Has anyone experienced the same thing as me?

Answers

• ToTo77
    Options
    in addtion.
    I've been using this laptop for about a month.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,556 Trailblazer
    Options
    Disable battery limit. Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click and uninstall all drivers in this folder. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on again and test that battery charges OK under normal conditions with battery limit still disabled. If it  behaves OK, keep limit disabled as it's not  really needed for improving battery health and longevity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Damfarrel
    Damfarrel Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have experienced the same issue with my Chromebook a while ago. I thought you need to replace the cable.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi ToTo77,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • ToTo77
    Options
    JackE said:
    Disable battery limit. Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click and uninstall all drivers in this folder. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on again and test that battery charges OK under normal conditions with battery limit still disabled. If it  behaves OK, keep limit disabled as it's not  really needed for improving battery health and longevity. Jack E/NJ

I did as you mentioned, battery charges OK under normal conditions with battery limit still disabled. 
    But it is not solved to not charging with battery charge limit enabled.
    I also reset battery via reset hole, but not solved.

So I will just be limit disabled as you suggest.

Thanks for your comment.

• ToTo77
    Options
    Damfarrel said:
    I have experienced the same issue with my Chromebook a while ago. I thought you need to replace the cable.
    Did you solve this problem as cable replacement?

Thanks for your comment.
  • ToTo77
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi ToTo77,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
    I did as you commented, but not solved.
    I also try to reset battery via reset hole, but this problem is still occured.

thanks for your comments.
  • JackE
    Options
    Keep battery limit disabled. It is NOT needed nor recommended for improving battery health and longevity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TJKIM
    TJKIM Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello? 
    I have also same problem with my new ASPIRE5 A515-45 (AMD 5500U). 
    Incase of my other laptop from ASUS, It has also battery health program made by ASUS. actually it is working as well, but 80% battery limit program in acer care center does not work even if below 80% (ex. drop the battery 75%, batter limit "On", connected AC power : battery is not charging just hold position 75%) 

Please improve the problem officialy from ACER.

• JackE
    Options
    Disable battery limit. Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click and uninstall all drivers in this folder. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on again and test that battery charges OK under normal conditions with battery limit still disabled. If it  behaves OK, keep limit disabled. It's not  really needed for improving battery health and longevity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TJKIM
    Options
    JackE said:
    Disable battery limit. Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click and uninstall all drivers in this folder. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on again and test that battery charges OK under normal conditions with battery limit still disabled. If it  behaves OK, keep limit disabled. It's not  really needed for improving battery health and longevity. Jack E/NJ

Please be informed that Acer will be released new BIOS update for A515-45 due to battery can't charging problem and a lot of user issued same problem and reported. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks. Do you have a link to this battery charging update? Doesn't seem to be on the ACER download site yet for this model.

Jack E/NJ

• TJKIM
    Options
    JackE

The official update will be next week.
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Thanks. We'll all be looking for it.   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• joonblack
    joonblack Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @ToTo77
    I too have the same problem.
    Even after updating to bios 1.05 the problem persists.
    Anyone know how to solve it?
  • JackE
    Options
    Disable battery limit. It's not needed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• joonblack
    joonblack Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am Korean, and I wrote with the help of a translator.

The 1.05 bios didn't solve the problem.
    The mainboard and battery were replaced at the service center and all problems were resolved.

The respondents here in the community are unsavory and of little help. That's too bad. :#