Acer Nitro VG270UPb Red and Blue Horizontal Line on Monitor

Options
bobo13
bobo13 Member Posts: 7 New User
Hi I recently got a brand new Acer Nitro VG270UPbmiipx 27 Inch Quad HD 144hz monitor and randomly when hooked up to my laptop using DP to USB-C I get a red or blue horizontal line across the monitor on the right side as below. Today the colour of the line is green.

This happens when connected via HDMI to another laptop and also the PS4.

Any ideas?

Answers

• bobo13
    Options
    Edit: I meant to say Vertical not horizontal!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi bobo13,

# Power drain,

1.Unplug all the cables.
    2. Shutdown the unit.
    3. Press and hold the power button down for 25 seconds. Then release and try to turn on the unit and check.​
    ​Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    edited May 2021
    Options
    That can also show up as an artifact of a poor cable. Does it show during the display of the splash screen at power up?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bobo13
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi bobo13,

# Power drain,

1.Unplug all the cables.
    2. Shutdown the unit.
    3. Press and hold the power button down for 25 seconds. Then release and try to turn on the unit and check.​
    ​Check this T/S and post the result. 
    Tried this and hasn't changed un fortunately. 
  • bobo13
    Options
    billsey said:
    That can also show up as an artifact of a poor cable. Does it show during the display of the splash screen at power up?
    I am using the original HDMI cable which came with the box, a high speed DP to USB-C and a HDMI to Mini HDMI all with same results.

The splash screen is very dark with only the Acer logo in the middle showing so its hard to tell if the line is present on boot up.
  • bobo13
    Options
    Funny enough its decided to disappear today whilst using the monitor. Im sure it will come back at some point.

I have logged a case with Acer to send it back in. Now I am worried they will say they cant see the fault :(