Ways to disable touchpad - PH717-72-77Y6

Hell_J
Hell_J Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
Hello,

How can I disable touchpad without disabling it manually through control panel?
I use external mouse and laptop keyboard so ocassionally I lean against touchpad and it responds and this is kinda annoying. That's why I want to disable it when I don't use it.
Problem is that for some reason Fn+F7 doesn't work, all other Fn+Fy work fine.
Is there maybe some solution for re-enabling Fn+F7?
I tried F11, F12, F11+F12, SHIFT+Fn+F7, Fn+ESC+F7, ESC+F7 - all this combinations I found on the internet and they don't work.. :)

I have installed Windows 10 Pro with 20H update.
Maybe the problem is related to my laziness and I changed from Helios 500 to this one without reinstalling Windows, I just switched hard drives and booted and re-installed all drivers that needed insalling/re-installing.
If only solution is to re-install Windows then I'll do it, but if you have any other idea that I can try I'll be happy to. :) 

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi Hell_J,

In settings you can turn OFF the touchpad,
    Easy Ways to Disable Touchpad on Windows 10 Laptop  Password Recovery

Answers

• Hell_J
    Hell_J Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hell_J said:
    Hello,

How can I disable touchpad without disabling it manually through control panel?
    I use external mouse and laptop keyboard so ocassionally I lean against touchpad and it responds and this is kinda annoying. That's why I want to disable it when I don't use it.
    Problem is that for some reason Fn+F7 doesn't work, all other Fn+Fy work fine.
    Is there maybe some solution for re-enabling Fn+F7?
    I tried F11, F12, F11+F12, SHIFT+Fn+F7, Fn+ESC+F7, ESC+F7 - all this combinations I found on the internet and they don't work.. :)

I have installed Windows 10 Pro with 20H update.
    Maybe the problem is related to my laziness and I changed from Helios 500 to this one without reinstalling Windows, I just switched hard drives and booted and re-installed all drivers that needed insalling/re-installing.
    If only solution is to re-install Windows then I'll do it, but if you have any other idea that I can try I'll be happy to. :) 

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: So.. I just re-installed Windows and problem didn't go away.. Can't turn off touchpad. Every other Fn+F-key works except turn off touchpad.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi Hell_J,

In settings you can turn OFF the touchpad,
    Easy Ways to Disable Touchpad on Windows 10 Laptop  Password Recovery