ram question acer 5336 2524

tattmann
tattmann Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello, I have an acer 5336 2524 laptop. Everyone on the internet states its max ram capability is 4gb, however on acer bios webpage, one sticks out to me. Bios Version 1.12 says

Improves stability of 6G & 8G RAM at windows logo on GM45/UMA/Windows7 x64 Sku. Does this mean it will allow for up to 8gb ram with newer bios updates? If anyone can help I would be grateful. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi tattmann,

As of the info I got it says you can upgrade your Acer Aspire 5336-2524 Laptop to up to a maximum memory capacity of 4GB Memory. I think you can't upgrade apart from that but let's wait other to answer. 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi tattmann,

As of the info I got it says you can upgrade your Acer Aspire 5336-2524 Laptop to up to a maximum memory capacity of 4GB Memory. I think you can't upgrade apart from that but let's wait other to answer. 
  • tattmann
    tattmann Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2021
    thanks for your answer, every web page I see says a max of 4gb. however, this acer support page is what confuses me. If you go down to bios, its the 3rd one down the list, and thats why I am asking. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/3288;-;

I just wish there was some documentation explaining what it means.........