My A515-43 is less than 6 months old and the batteries don't charge

System
System Member Posts: 4,540 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L Battery.

Answers

• haileyclovis
    haileyclovis Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My A515-43 is less than 6 months old and the batteries don't charge at all. My experience with these Acer thinlines is that they are *****. Pad stopped working went through hell getting it back by updating the bios well that screwed my battery charging up. I will never buy an Acer product again.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    If it's less than 6 mos old, then arrange for warranty repair service. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DDRock
    DDRock Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

My Acer A515-43 R19L was purchased December 2019. I can't complain about my battery storage, being over the 5-6 hour range. However my last laptop refused to charge so I was used to leaving it plugged in all the time. I have to remind myself to unplug my Acer. I will say that I think I was ripped off when it comes to the charger I got when I purchased my Acer from Amazon. Most customers claimed to get a Lite-On brand while the charger I received barely weighs 2-3 ounces and name brand is Chicony. It takes awhile to charge up. I still need to ask if I got the correct charger with my Acer since I seem to differ from other buyers.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer

The A515-43 model came with one of the following 45watt adapters. The A515-43G model came with a bigger 65watt adapter due to the extra GPU and cooling capacity needed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DDRock
    DDRock Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thank you so much JackE! I believe I have the 3RD one down. I had to get out my magnifying lamp in order to see the numbers on it, it's extremely tiny compared to the chargers I have for my two previous Toshiba Satellite laptops. 
    Looking at this list all of the chargers for the Acer Aspire 5 appear to be nearly the same size. Maybe they're just making them smaller than years ago, lol!
    Thanks again, that's one less thing I'll have to track down.