KEYBOARD Aspire A515-51G

RAWAL
RAWAL Member Posts: 9 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops

I noticed a strange problem with my Aspire A515-51G laptop which I bought almost a month ago. 

Some keys randomly stop working and it's always the same keys. So far I've discovered that the periodically shutting off keys include 1 3 - q t p ] j 3(num) 5(num) righ arrow

I have never dropped the laptop or poured any liquids on it, I got it new and unopened. It worked flawlessly prior to this problem.

I tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers and resetting the computer but the problem returned almost immediately. and my name was not rawal is prajwal becase of keyboard falure it became that

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site and download Quick Access application, then move to Control panel, Programs and uninstall the current installation of Quick access program, without rebooting install the downloaded Quick Access application.
    Product Support | Acer United Kingdom
  • RAWAL
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site and download Quick Access application, then move to Control panel, Programs and uninstall the current installation of Quick access program, without rebooting install the downloaded Quick Access application.
    Product Support | Acer United Kingdom
    HI  there is no option of  uninstall installation of Quick access program
  • RAWAL
    no any quick access

• brummyfan2
    edited May 2021
    Hi,
    Go to Control panel, click Programs and right click Quick Access Service.

• brummyfan2
    OK, then install Quick Access application.
  • RAWAL
    insalled now what should i do keybord key sill doesnt work
  • brummyfan2
    Go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, right click Standard PS/2 keyboard and select Properties, move to Driver tab and post the snip please.

• RAWAL
    here it is.
     i found same problem with many people with same key
  • Do the same keys stop working when you test on an external USB keyboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RAWAL
    NO I havet tryed any exetrnal keyboard yet but same problem before is here
  • RAWAL
    NO I havet tryed any exetrnal keyboard yet but same problem before is here
  • RAWAL
    Do the same keys stop working when you test on an external USB keyboard?
    i need help before having my laptop surgery
  • OK! But when you press the keys 1 3 - q t p] j 3 (num) 5 (num) righ arrow on the external usb keyboard, do you also have problems?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RAWAL
    RAWAL said:
    Do the same keys stop working when you test on an external USB keyboard?
    i need help before having my laptop surgery
    some times it works and someimes it doesnt but till now i havent triyed with external keyboard 
  • It would be interesting to check if the same keys have problems, typing on an external usb keyboard. If the problem persists, it may be a problem in windows. Now, if the keys work by typing on an external USB keyboard and do not work when typing on the laptop keyboard, it may indicate that the laptop keyboard is in trouble.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer