Security Boot Fail A315-22

JasonPrax
JasonPrax Member Posts: 1 New User
So I downloaded Ubuntu and wanted to install it on this Laptop (A315-22-65GT).

It's UEFI Only no Legacy.

I turned off Secure Boot,  so it's Disabled.  I selected USB as primary boot and HHS as secondary.

I inserted the USB to boot up Ubuntu (64 Bit) and it gave me Security Boot Fail

Question is, how can this be?  I have Secure Boot Disabled?

Under the Security Tab in the Bios (Ver 1.09)

Security Boot mode is set to Custom and I cannot change it.
I cannot select Erase all secure boot settings,
I cannot select an UEFI file as trusted for Executing
or
I cannot select Restore Secure Boot to Factory default

So what do I do?  How to I get Ubuntu on this laptop and erase windows? I tried with Ubunto Gentoo, and Fedora with no luck.

When I boot using my Windows installation USB it boots up just fine.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,783 Trailblazer
    JasonPrax said:
    So I downloaded Ubuntu and wanted to install it on this Laptop (A315-22-65GT).

It's UEFI Only no Legacy.

I turned off Secure Boot,  so it's Disabled.  I selected USB as primary boot and HHS as secondary.

I inserted the USB to boot up Ubuntu (64 Bit) and it gave me Security Boot Fail

Question is, how can this be?  I have Secure Boot Disabled?

Under the Security Tab in the Bios (Ver 1.09)

Security Boot mode is set to Custom and I cannot change it.
    I cannot select Erase all secure boot settings,
    I cannot select an UEFI file as trusted for Executing
    or
    I cannot select Restore Secure Boot to Factory default

So what do I do?  How to I get Ubuntu on this laptop and erase windows? I tried with Ubunto Gentoo, and Fedora with no luck.

When I boot using my Windows installation USB it boots up just fine.

See this guide from "Ask Ubuntu"  of "How to install ubuntu in UEFI mode" it explains it very well, also, have you prepared the Ubuntu 64bit boot USB properly? This is one of the explanations in this guide; "If you use a tool to turn an .iso file into a bootable USB flash drive, that tool might or might not copy the EFI boot loader to the USB flash drive. Even if the EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi file seems to be present, an EFI might not like some detail of how the USB drive was prepared (like its partition table). Trying another tool may be necessary. Rufus generally does a good job of this". Read it all and follow it as it should work, its pretty concise.