My computer is stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" mode

RockyDasher
RockyDasher Member Posts: 1 New User
Right now, I'm trying to reopen my Acer again but I can't seem to. I tried a lot of methods and solutions but nothing seemed to work. Help me please!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Press and hold power button till the machine shuts off. Remove charger. Insert paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Wait till the battery charge LED turns from solid orange to solid blue. Then turn it back on again.

If no success, press and hold power button til machine shuts off again. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Press the F9 key to set BIOS default. Then press F10 to save setting and exit.

If still no success, press and hold power button til machine shuts off again. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Make sure the F12 and D2D options are enabled in the BIOS main tab, Then set a BIOS supervisor password in the security tab. Press F10 to save settings and exit. Then press and hold power key till laptop shuts off again. Then turn it back on and immediatel start tapping F2 again to enter the BIOS with the password. Then disable secure boot. Press F10 again to save settings and exit. Then press and hold the power key to shut down again. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear to allow resetting the machine while saving your personal files or a full factory reset.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi RockyDasher,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result.