need help as soon as possible PH315-53

semi0pro
semi0pro Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops
hello acer predator community 
i have a big problem and i need help please
i have purchase my laptop 6 months ago and always my cbu reach 90-93  while gaming it always reaches high temp whether if i play high end game or rocketleauge  
and i have watched a lot of videos and changed my power plan 
but i recently discovered a new solution and it has been amazingly effective So much so that I become scared that my laptop could burn or been Sabotages by that edit 
i used app called intel xtu and the thing that is terrified me that i forgot what was the normal setting that my laptop had 
so i changed the setting like the photo listed below 
what have been changed that when i play ranbiosixsige i reached high frame rate i was 99-120 3994/6000  and become  199-220  on ultra 6000/6000 vram 
and i can play cyperbunk 2077 on ultra settings with 50-65 and even can use ray tracing with frames 35-40
and the temp is amazing 
----------------------
the second quistion 
is it normal that after editing the setting on my first photo     my voltage It is constantly changing once 1.0076 and 1.123 and 1.2 and 1.03 and 1.166 and so on and so forth and it is completely random 
please reply to me i become afraid from playing games Out of concern of my laptop 
i know that my English is bad i hope that you understand completely and any one if you have question that is related to this topic feel free to ask  
for your information  i have changed the settings and apply stress test multiple time that's way it reached 96 and that why i am terrified  but when i reached this setting on my acer helios 300 rtx 2060  i7-10750 it did not reach above 88 on the highest stress

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,893 Trailblazer
    edited May 2021
    First, your Predator laptop is still under warranty don't touch it and/or overclock it as and if your cpu/gpu gets damaged it won't be covered under Acer warranty! Uninstall the Intel XTU "you don't need it" as you will do damage with overclocking settings, especially if your laptop hasn't got adequate cooling, like you can do to desktops that are overclocked, which add unnecessary stresses that the Intel XTU program puts onto your cpu!

Don't alter your settings, default settings on laptops are always the best as that is what their cooling and fans are designed to do in extreme gaming and they adjust automatically e.g. "PredatorSense", the 90c to 93c temps that you are getting are normal for extreme gaming. Your laptop is designed to turn off at 98c to 99c for hardware protection. Best is to ask Acer what they can do but, Acer will tell you the same that 90c to 93c temps "Are Normal".

You can repaste your gpu/cpu with a high quality paste but, under warranty I wouldn't touch and/or open your case and take its heat shield/fans out as it will void your warranty, ask Acer if you can? Also, always make sure that your ventilation case vents and fans are clean of felt and not blocked, also, get additional cooling by means of a high end "Laptop Tablet Cooler" that will force more fresh air into your laptops case. Btw, there are other drastic mods that you can do but, I wouldn't suggest it to you as your laptop is under warranty and these require extreme mods. 
  • semi0pro

Tinkerer

edited May 2021
    @StevenGen
    unfortunately my laptop has no warranty as i bought it from amazon usa and i don't live in the us 
    if i uninstall the app from my laptop that would delete all the changes ? if it yes please reply 
    the second thing i want a cool solution please can you guide my i tried Colling pads i tried aiming the air condition on the laptop no thing did that much of a difference - while undervolting  worked even when i did it in wrong way  
    again please i want safe solution that i can rely on while gaming 
  • engr146
    engr146 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    See pre -configured Trottlestop app for your laptop in the top 10 Threads
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi semi0pro,

​ May I know the model name of your unit.
  • semi0pro

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi semi0pro
    PH315-53