Monitor suddenly detected as "Generic Non-PnP monitor" ?

Options
Pilot1234
Pilot1234 Member Posts: 2 New User
I have two ET.LU50D.006 monitors from Acer plugged into an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3Gb graphics card.

One of the monitors works fine still, but last night the other monitor switched from being a normal "Generic PnP" monitor to a "Generic Non-PnP" monitor ?

Sometimes I am able to get the non-working monitor to change resolution to 1920x1080 after reinstalling the drivers many times(though it still shows as a DVI Digital Display monitor in Nvidia control panel), but then after a PC restart the settings are lost all over again.

I have tried:

• Updating my graphics drivers (Both to the latest recommended gaming and studio drivers)
  • Running windows update
  • Switching the HDMI port on the back of the graphics card for the two monitors
  • Switching the cables on the backs of the monitors
  • Uninstalling the "Generic Non-PnP" driver
  • Updating the driver to be a Generic PnP driver (But the monitor is still showing as non-PnP)
  • Updating the driver to be the manufacturers driver for the monitor (But for both the PnP and Non-PnP they just retain being what they were before)
  • Updating the driver to a digital display with the 1920x 1080 resolution (Did not override the non-PnP driver)
  • System restore to before I had the issue.

I have now run out of ideas of how to fix the issue. Please can you help me ?

Answers