Aspire V Nitro - Power issue while unplugged

Resoxin
Resoxin Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a very strange issue with my laptop. It runs fine while it is plugged in, but when you unplug it even when at 100% battery the laptop will restart  itself then boot itself into recovery mode showing the different recovery tools. Then I'll plug it in and reboot it and the pc will boot normally. 

Anyone else experience. I thought that the issue was the battery at first because the pc would continually power down if I unplugged it so I've already tied replacing the batter. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    edited May 2021
    Resoxin said:
    I have a very strange issue with my laptop. It runs fine while it is plugged in, but when you unplug it even when at 100% battery the laptop will restart  itself then boot itself into recovery mode showing the different recovery tools. Then I'll plug it in and reboot it and the pc will boot normally. 

Anyone else experience. I thought that the issue was the battery at first because the pc would continually power down if I unplugged it so I've already tied replacing the batter. 
    How old is your battery? As the battery could be the issue here and its age, as irrespective of what the windows battery charge icon says (as its not always  accurate) your battery could not be holding its charge to run the laptop properly. Also do a "battery info" from cmd prompt by inserting  this command; powercfg /batteryreport as this report gives you all the details on your battery like e.g. battery capacity history, battery life estimates or do a "Recalibration of your Battery".

• Resoxin
    Resoxin Member Posts: 2 New User
    StevenGen said:
    Resoxin said:

How old is your battery? As the battery could be the issue here and its age, as irrespective of what the windows battery charge icon says (as its not always  accurate) your battery could not be holding its charge to run the laptop properly. Also do a "battery info" from cmd prompt by inserting  this command; powercfg /batteryreport as this report gives you all the details on your battery like e.g. battery capacity history, battery life estimates or do a "Recalibration of your Battery".

Thanks for the suggestion. I put a new batter in the laptop but it was still having the same issue, and it will turn out without being plugged in but it will just go to the recovery menu when it boots up.