Have a problem with HDD disk? aspire 3

LeHuyDiep
LeHuyDiep Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello, now i use acer aspire 3 with intel core i5-8265U processor, but my device go relly slow lately, when i check the task manager the disk is at 100%, average reponse time, read and write speed go up and down, even go down to less than 100kps. When i use acer care center it said my driver is up to date, and i use care center to check the disk it's stuck at waiting. I already download the lastest version, and when i check battery heath, it's done immediately. I was try numerous ways like disable superfetch, perform a disk check by using chkdsk.exe /f /r but none of them work, can anyone pls help me? 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    LeHuyDiep said:
    Hello, now i use acer aspire 3 with intel core i5-8265U processor, but my device go relly slow lately, when i check the task manager the disk is at 100%, average reponse time, read and write speed go up and down, even go down to less than 100kps. When i use acer care center it said my driver is up to date, and i use care center to check the disk it's stuck at waiting. I already download the lastest version, and when i check battery heath, it's done immediately. I was try numerous ways like disable superfetch, perform a disk check by using chkdsk.exe /f /r but none of them work, can anyone pls help me? 
    What is your Aspire 3 exact model number e.g. A315-XXX? As saying Aspire 3 with i5-8265U means nothing. With these Aspire 3's you get 2.5" spinner HDD's that run at 5400rpm of either 500Gb, 1TB, 2TB and SSD'S M.2 PCIe Gen.3x2/8Gbits/s of 256GB or 512GB drives capacities. I don't know what drives you have but "Task Manager" does not tell you anything as it measures current performance and not the overall disk performance. Get CrystalDiskMark 8 or AS SSD Benchmark to measure your disk performances and let us know the results, as your computers performance has allot of variables especially when you use a spinner HDD and not an SSD as your boot drive that can affect performance. Tell us what drive you are using as your boot drive and the exact specs of what you have?