When to manually update drivers? Aspire E 15 ES1-512

2»

Answers

• TechNerd
    TechNerd Member Posts: 98 Troubleshooter
    Sorry, back again. Trying to load the new driver, got to "installing the Bluetooth driver suite and it is just hanging like in the screenshot below. Tried twice and had to cancel setup and it just uploaded the old driver back. Tried uninstaling it again and installing the new one and same thing happened. What now? 
  • TechNerd
    Is this the right driver as I just checked the driver details in device and it does say version 10.0.0318 but in the driver details it says windows system 32/drivers and my system is 64 bit. Is this the right driver?

It doesn't seem to be accessing the Internet. Sending this off my phone. 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Yes, system 32 is common for both 32bit and 64bit operating systems, anyway, go to Device Manager and uninstall the driver, reboot and Windows will install the driver.
    If that fails, try installing other Atheros drivers one by one, first try WB335HAI, if that doesn't work, try installing Liteon driver, these drivers are provided by Acer and tailored to suit your system.

• TechNerd
    Yes, I did uninstall it and it automatically installed the old right driver when I rebooted.  I did get kicked out of my internet connection though and had to insert the router password key to get back on the wifi.     I will try the others tomorrow.   
This discussion has been closed.