New PH317-53 keeps crashing and havent found a solution

wishka
wishka Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I bought my Helios 300 8 months ago and it has any problem rather than been crashing for 4 months ago while gaming, browsing or even idle (crashing more often as time has passed) and I have checked everything I can.

-My screen freezes and then the system restarts (this is the most common instance)
-I got blue screens with errors such as CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED (not as often but still common)
-Sometimes after a crash when trying to power my pc I get a "No bootable device" until it finally starts normally

I checked event viewer and I only find 2 error ID's: 6008 (I got this id several times) and 41 (this last one I got it twice after a factory reset). I also ran CHDSK and Memory diagnosis several times and got no errors.
Also I try to keep it as cool and ventilated as possible and have cleaned dust off and cleared fans a couple of times.

Is there anything else I can do before sending it to warranty service? I would have sent it before but right now I really need it for homework/projects and sending it would take more than 2 weeks.

Answers

• Matita
    Matita Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

i have the same problem but my pc only crashes in games. My purchase is a little over a year old. It has been 3 weeks since the first crash from this error. I tried a lot of advices but didn’t solve the problem. 
    The system writes to you that "Failed to create a dump file due to an error while creating a dump" code 161?
  • wishka

Tinkerer

Matita said:
    i have the same problem but my pc only crashes in games. My purchase is a little over a year old. It has been 3 weeks since the first crash from this error. I tried a lot of advices but didn’t solve the problem. 
    The system writes to you that "Failed to create a dump file due to an error while creating a dump" code 161?
    Yes, I usually get 6008 and 161 together, but I also get numerous BSOD.
  • Does the ssd appear correctly in the information tab of the bios? Does the same problem occur when disabling fastboot in the bios and fast startup in the power options?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Matita

Tinkerer

Does the ssd appear correctly in the information tab of the bios? Does the same problem occur when disabling fastboot in the bios and fast startup in the power options?
    By the way, I noticed that my ssd is 100% loaded before the bsod appears.
  • wishka

Tinkerer

Does the ssd appear correctly in the information tab of the bios? Does the same problem occur when disabling fastboot in the bios and fast startup in the power options?
    Yes, there was one instance where my device didn't started up after several tries due to "no bootable device". It finally worked after unplugging and plugging again the power supply cable. Abling/disabling fastboot in bios did not make a difference and I can't find the fast startup option in power settings.
  • wishka

Tinkerer

edited May 2021
    UPDATE: I deep cleaned one of the fans (it was dirtier than it should be and still dont know why), factory restared my device and updated the bios. For now it is running smoothly (except for 1 crash) and temperatures are lower too. I will post any further issue.

(BTW why nobody told me that updating a bios is a risky operation? I updated it like if I was just updating Candy Crush on my phone)
  • Matita

Tinkerer

сказал Вишка: ОБНОВЛЕНИЕ: Я глубоко почистил один из вентиляторов (он был грязнее, чем должен был быть, и до сих пор не знаю почему), восстановил заводские настройки своего устройства и обновил bios. На данный момент он работает плавно (за исключением 1 аварии), и температура тоже ниже. Я опубликую любой следующий выпуск.

(Кстати, почему мне никто не сказал, что обновление bios-это рискованная операция? Я обновил его так же как если бы просто обновлял Candy Crush на своем телефоне) How does a laptop work? Are the problems gone?

• wishka

Tinkerer

Matita said:
    ОБНОВЛЕНИЕ: Я глубоко почистил один из вентиляторов (он был грязнее, чем должен был быть, и до сих пор не знаю почему), восстановил заводские настройки своего устройства и обновил bios. На данный момент он работает плавно (за исключением 1 аварии), и температура тоже ниже. Я опубликую любой следующий выпуск.

(Кстати, почему мне никто не сказал, что обновление bios-это рискованная операция? Я обновил его так же как если бы просто обновлял Candy Crush на своем телефоне)
    How does a laptop work? Are the problems gone?

So far so good, not a single crash since the BIOS update, but I am still suspecting it may crash at any time.
  • Matita

Tinkerer

what I have not tried yet is to disassemble and clean the laptop. Maybe this will help me.
  • wishka

Tinkerer

Matita said:
    what I have not tried yet is to disassemble and clean the laptop. Maybe this will help me.
    Here is the tutorial I followed for disassembling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ncDeiR6Ko

Around the 0:30 mark you can see how to disconnect the power supply cable. I can't still figure out why this temporarily fixed it from crashing, but it worked. Also, for cleaning the fans you can use an air blower or compressed air directly into the fans and from the air vents. To make sure that they are cleaned properly, give the fans a spin and check they spin smoothly all the way until stop.

(don't apply compressed air too close to the components)

• Matita

Tinkerer

Thank you
    Did you know that the laptop has the turbo boost mode of the processor by default? If you want I can throw a video on how to turn it off.
  • @wishkaAfter a week, was the problem resolved?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wishka

Tinkerer

@wishkaAfter a week, was the problem resolved?
    I am pretty sure it did, the combination of deep cleaning the fans, updating the bios and factory reseting hekped me a lot for those crashes.
  • jewartasto
    jewartasto Member Posts: 1 New User
    Great help, I will post any further issue.

http://cbdhempfarmoregon.com

• wishka

Tinkerer

Update: It has crashed 3 times today and got BSOD but it flashed so fast I coulnt read the error id.
  • wishka

Tinkerer

So today it has crashed 5 times in a relatively short time. Most of them were bsod (i couldnt read the id) and the even viewer only marks error 6008 (system shutdown unexpected) and 161 (dump file couldn't) be created.
  • You said this "Sometimes after a crash when trying to power my pc I get a" No bootable device "until it finally starts normally". Have you checked the health of your hard drive and ssd with the crystaldiskinfo program? Have you added any new hardware recently?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• wishka

Tinkerer

You said this "Sometimes after a crash when trying to power my pc I get a" No bootable device "until it finally starts normally". Have you checked the health of your hard drive and ssd with the crystaldiskinfo program? Have you added any new hardware recently?
    Since the factory reset, I haven't got any "No bootable device" screen but crashes are now less frequent and inconsistent. On a single day I can get 3-4 crashed until turning it off properly and then I can go an entire week without any crash. 

About hardware, I have always used this plugins since I bought it:

-Ethernet
    -USB Headset
    -Screen plugged through HDMI
    -USB hub with keyboard, mouse and SD/USB adaptor
    -Charger (I unplug it whenever I sleep/turn off)
    Descripcin no disponibleDescripcin no disponible
  • Try disabling fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10  Tutorials

egydiocoelho Trailblazer