Unable to disable Secure Boot on an Acer Aspire 5 A515-56-76J1

Auburn2021
Auburn2021 Member Posts: 2 New User
I get into the Bios settings to try and disable Secure Boot, but it won't let me change it.  I have tried other fixes that have been suggested, but nothing work.  I can't set a supervisor password in the Bios either.  I can't do much of anything in the Bios settings.  How can I disable the Secure Boot with these limitations?

Thanks In advance.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @Auburn2021

What happens exactly when you try to set Supervisor password? Also please share the reason, why you would like to disable secure boot. 

Regards,
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Auburn2021
    Auburn2021 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2021
    Balatekie,

When I try and set the supervisor password, it allows me to enter a password, but that's it.  It acts like the password is set, but when the laptop reboots, it still shows as the password as being clear, even after saving the new settings. I have tried doing it multiple times.

As for disabling the secure boot, I need to disable it so I can enable test mode.
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Auburn2021

If your unit is under manufacturer's warranty, please contact Acer Technical Support https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)